Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
how long since you lived here? i have a friend that moved to america after year 12 but he misses it here so he is trying to move back next year.
yeah i've seen a few with body kits but thats it, i saw a black NSW one the other day with the nicest wheels i wanna know where they came from

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
the quick recap...

born in Adelaide in 1983, moved to Darwin, then back to Adelaide, then to Gove (near Darwin) and then to Canberra. Lived in Canberra from 88 until 91, then we moved to NoVA and lived there till 96. 96-99 were back in Canberra again. 99-02 in Canada. 02-Nov04 was in Canberra, Nov04-May05 was in England and May05-November06 has been spent moving around Southern Ontario...

I like your car, looks really nice. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wow sounds like you've had a great time, i'd love to travel that much! thanks for the compliment about the car but after seeing yours i wish i'd chosen the white one, the wheels look great

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
thanks. I need to get the wheels re-finished, there's some kerb rash going on. I like the body kit though. I've been thinking about that sometime in the future, but I'll have to get a car for my wife before I do that. Anyway, again, well done with the car. What are your future plans for the car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
robs02elantra said:
What are your future plans for the car?
I'm not sure at this stage i want to get the windows tinted and clear indicators and add some more power but i've been told it might not be worth adding more power to so i don't know... what do you think?? what are your future plans with yours?

hey Jlivan, those wheels look really good i was going to get some similar but decided the chrome ones would get too chipped or too dirty coz we aren't allowed to wash our cars at the moment :(

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
well, you can go to the car wash places where you wash your own car, because they recycle the water. But they never get them as clean as you would like.

There was one at Erindale I used to go to...not too shabby, and there weren't a lot of lineups.

My plans. Well, I have to get my wife a car of her own first, but then I'm going to work on the engine. Headers, exhaust, intake, that kind of stuff. I would like to go turbo, but I just don't see it happening. I also want to change out the suspension parts.

When people tell you that it's not worth working on getting more power, it's always worth it if you think it is personally. Don't let other people tell you what you should do to your car! And the most important, have fun!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks I like your way of thinking i'm sick of people telling me its not worth the money when i think it is. that sounds really good, i put a sports muffler on my car but i want to get the exhaust all the way through and make it louder.
Theres a car lovers in Belconnen although its now changed names but it doesn't get the car very clean and it often has lines (and its not as fun as doing it at home)

·
Registered
71 Posts
The one at Erindale is good, i just live 2 minutes down the road. Its heaps of fun getting that huge water pressure hose and hitting the car with it!! I spend WAY too much money at that place!

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
well, you never know, with the amount of money you're spending there, and the amount of time I used to spend there with my car...we may have seen each other and never known about it. Haha, man it's a small world.

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
I'm having a real dilemma about washing my car.
Due to the water restrictions we can't use a hose anymore, so it's either washing with buckets, or going to the $2 places.
The thing is, I prefer to do it at home so I can detail it for a longer period to make sure I get it perfect.
PS:
I used to live in Braddon for a while.
Canberra's my second favourite city in OZ after Melb. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
i work just across the road from Braddon and its where all the nice cars go on a friday night and during summernats, Melbourne is nice its heaps better looked after than Canberra but I still prefer Canberra probably coz i know it better.
thanks for the link thewilson :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Here`s what I do: I go out and do the wheels, the sills and under the guards with a bucket, truckwash and sponge `n give it a bit of a rinse with a bucketa straight water and another sponge. I get rid of the dead bugs guts off the front as well, then do the door jams. Then its off to carlovers ( tell me that guy isnt making some dough!!!) and it costs my 8 bucks tops with the foamy brush/broom that I blast with the lance first.

Once I`m done, its out of the bay and across the road to a lil shopping centre car park for a chamois. Last time I used the spot free rinse thing and the old girl came up near as good as a full turtle wax. I don`t think there`d be a time of the day where I wouldnt go there and have to wait in line, place is pumping 24/7 with ppl washing their cars. Or fat cats taking the Pajero or V8 landy thru the auto scratcher..

Mind you, I`ve washed my car 2 or 3 times in the last 5 months or so. Not like the every 10 days like I used to. Funny though, we get rain ( nothing significant, just enough to be a PITA ) with in 3 or 4 days of me washing my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
yeah i use to wash my car once a week... its lucky if its washed once every 2 months now :( but i find my car looks heaps better if i clean it at home but car lovers is ok for a quick wash, anyway I'm heading out there now coz it has bugs all over it from the coast trip. I agree that guy must have a lot of money but i'd much rather take the car through the laserwash or do it myself at a carwash than put it under those brushes at the petrol station washers. :D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts