Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been not liking the two Navbar deal we've had going on at EXD for quite some time. It looked cluttered to me so I have been playing around tonight with a couple of options for fixing it.

Right now all the regular links (DIY, COTM, Links, Map, Arcade, Shop, etc) can be found in the COMMUNITY dropdown menu. Also included there are some of the new features I've been rolling out this week (wiki, blog, twitter, YouTube, etc).

Ideally I'd like to have both the EXD Features and EXD Stuff in two separate dropdown menus of their own outside of the COMMUNITY menu, but I haven't had much luck on that tonight.

Does anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) about the way it's set up right now or the way I'd like to have it set up?

The only thing I don't like about the cleaner look is that perhaps someone might miss out on those other things if they don't click on the COMMUNITY menu. I do thinking having the two other menus with EXD specified in the name of the menu would help that though.

So let me know what you think. Just trying to make EXD more enjoyable and better looking.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
976 Posts
it could just be the way i have my resolution set but the community list seems really long. if i'm scrolled all the way up and click on community the last 3 options are blocked. have to scroll down a bit and then click to see the full list.

prob just me tho ^_^

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
it could just be the way i have my resolution set but the community list seems really long. if i'm scrolled all the way up and click on community the last 3 options are blocked. have to scroll down a bit and then click to see the full list.
What browser and screen resolution?

EDIT- Actually a screenshot would be best.

seanski, you like them under one dropdown or do you think multiple would be better?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
I like it. Makes everything real easy to find.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
I like the cleaner bar personally, it looks great.

However, that Community listing is pretty long, and your idea of separating them out is a good idea.

Maybe combining User CP, FAQ, and Log Out into a renamed drop down menu would be better. Then separating the Community like you suggested in the first post.
agree

esp cuz i mainly brows the site @ work on a side monitor 1280x1024, and usually only have firefox taking up about 1/2 of the screen. (i keep lots of stuff open and like to see windows behind it). and the list touches the bottom of my window when i expand it

Heres some math for ya
click to Community + click on Pictures and albums

=

Not Found
The requested URL /album.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.elantraxd.com Port 80

--------------------------------
correction. links are fine pretty much anywhere onthe site, BUT. If you are on the homepage, both social networking and pictures and albums dont work. once you navigate away from the homepage they both seem fine

·
Registered
833 Posts
When I click on community, I don't get a drop down, I get new tabs (Forums, User CP, FAQ, Members List, Social Groups, Calendar, Search, New Posts, Mark Forums Read, Open Contacts popup, Log Out)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Screenshot on that Whipper?

I didn't do anything to it yesterday, so it's still "broken" but I'd like to see that.

EDIT - Made some changes. Everything seems to be working. For right now I've left off the Forums link because I think that could have been interfering with the search (doesn't really make any sense, I know, but because it's part of the Navbar template sometimes things mess with each other).

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
hope your having fun with the navbar.. but dont take away the "forums" button!
FORUMSFORUMSFORUMSFORUMSFORUMSFORUMS!!!! AHHHH

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
that button is so small.. ive just been going to the home site and hand typing /forums lol

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
its funny after one day if not having it, i havnt really even used it today. i clicked on it once just to do it, but that was it.

but i am glad to have it back :D
and it looks like most searches are working ok. that "car month" search still kills it, but i did a ton more and everythign seemed to work. I was trying to find my post from when i ran for cotm many months back. im sure i could use more terms but im lazy..

·
Registered
833 Posts
hmmm, still not getting the drop down, and unfortunately I can't screenshot it as I only have the internet on my blackberry, and work comp, which I can't do that at work

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts