Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ever since I got my 03 GLS, I've been having an issue.

Whenever I get on or off someones driveway the front of my car hits the ground and I kind of feel it to, the ride isn't very smooth and the car is kind of hard to handle.

I have a pair of 17's in my garage that I could put on instead of the stock tires but then again the issue could be with the shocks of the car to?

Which should I change?

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
My car is stock height, stock tire size/rims, stock suspension. Nothing is wrong with my suspension, tires, etc...

I was backing out a friends house the other night and my radiator support scraped on the front. I don't have a bumper cover, the metal frame is what scraped. I should have took it at an angle, but the direction I needed to back I couldn't because of a mailbox. So I backed straight out.

Nothing's wrong with the car, it's these suburban housing developments that are too lazy to make a real driveway. It's a rounded off curb! Not a driveway entrance. They do this so they don't have to stop and create a flat spot, they continue the curb all the way around the entire road. It's so wrong, not sure why people don't complain about them. It's unacceptable to have that at my house. My driveway will always be smooth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the year and not knowing the mile's im going to go with struts and maybe even the springs. If you push down on the car does it bounce or just go right back to where it was?
It's a 2003 Hyundai GLS, bought used @ 129k miles, it's around 129400 now, when I push down on it, it sort of bounces

1 - 4 of 4 Posts