Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really wanted to buy something tonight, so I came up with the idea abou getting a good socket set. I went with Craftsman because of the lifetime gaurantee and because everyone I've talked to said they are damn good quality, so I hope they are. $60 for a 96 piece set. I was going to get a 254 piece set that was on sale for $200, but that seemed a little overkill for my needs. Anyway, I'm excited.

Now I see the second pic isn't so good, oh wells.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
looking good, super. those things come in handy

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
There is nothing like having the right tools. It makes working on a car so much easier.. I have an old set of Craftman's, the only problem is the 10 mm seems to walk away alot :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
A good set od socket is a must.

I bought a case of sockets like that to replace my old set. The one thing that I found out that I liked the most but disn't expect to was the spinner handle (like a screwdriver that you can put the socket onto).

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
One note of caution...

Don't open the box upside down!! I know this sounds basic, but I've done it a few times with my Craftsman socket set when I was in a rush. Sockets all over the place, takes 10 minutes to put them all away!

That's the last socket set you may ever buy. They will last longer than you.

-Roy

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm with you super. I have a full set of tools in the car at all times. I guess it's a throw back from my Camaro days, but I always want to be prepaired.

Look to the left of the pic, and you can start to see the tool bag that is bursting at the seams. I have everything from a small socket set, to a drill, and all kinds of wiring equipment.

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
I picked up a tool kit from Target for like $25 that has all the basics - socket set, needlenose, sidecut, and adjustable pliers, screscent wrench, screwdrivers, you name it - all in a nice little canvas bag. Some duct tape and I'm prepared just in case. Of course, I have my nice stuff at home for really working on the car.

-Roy

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Excellent James, looks like you got some good tools. So does this mean you're going to be doing some modifications? It seems like new tools usually inspires work. :)

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Good job James. I only buy Craftsman for my tools. The deep well sockets are the best! Plus you will be able to give them to your kids - haha

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I still have my dad's old tools, some were Craftsman. I break new tools easy. I can take a 3/8 inch ratchet from my dad's set and break loose a nut or bolt without breaking the tool. Only thing he did not have was metric tools.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I forgot to mention that my old det as jst sockets, and the new box has a good selection of metric and sae sockets, also a selection of open-box end wrenches and diffrent screwdriver tips.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Craftsman are the best, unless you are a dedicated mechanic and can afford Snap-on, Matco, etc. That's an excellent set Super. When you're looking to build your tool collection here and there, check Ebay. I've gotten a lot of my Craftsman odds & ends from there.

hehe. it always starts with one 96 piece tool set... now I have a Craftsman roll-away full of tools... it's one of my favorite things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mt fathers toolbox when he passed away, and most of it was craftsman. Unfortunately he didnt use them much and most of them were in pretty bad condition. A visit to Sears and I was able to exchange quite a few of them them with comparible replacements,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts