Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Here is the video to show the headers up close and personal. Great growl to em too! HEADERS VIDEO (37MB).

So yeah, screw Hotshot, these will end up costing you guys much less. I'm stoked on the look, and I'm testing them on my 97, and on an 07 or 08 if I can get ahold of one. I need a beta powered socal member to come by the shop to test these headers out. We just want to install them, film it, and take them back off. For the GK these replace the header/Cat combo, and bolt up in the exact place as OEM.

For the RDs we'll need to have the OEM flex pipe extended just a bit so that they meet the bottom flange from the header. Any shop could do this for less than 100 even in the worst case. I'd be people would do the pipe for you for around 30-40 bucks for a whole 20 minutes worth of work. I want these to cost around 300 bucks guys. I'll post pricing when i know for sure, and how many I'll have on hand. I want to sell 100 units, :) and the GK buyers should really put a dent into that number.

They look HOOOOOT!!!

They sound mean as hell. I took a video clip of them, and I cant find the wire to connect my camcorder to the Laptop, so it'll have to wait. I snapped some pics installed on a 1st Gen (with GK exhaust setup). Since it fits this, and I pulled the OEM GK manifold to swap with the Equal Length Header, they should bolt right up to the GK when we get one in the shop for test fitting. Any takers on that?

Here's the pics:

These are a perfect compiment for our Evo Hoods for the 1st and 2nd Gens (96-99, 00-01). With a set of Samco Sport Hoses this would look insane through the vents.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
XD1s should bolt right up with this, but as i stated on NT, the XD2s will have to have their downpipe trimmed, meaning this will not be a swappable process for those with XD2s in emissions states.

BUT i am interested in some numbers, cause those do look good, and getting a polished downpipe and cat along with that header will still be less than getting the Maintec GT header.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hotness. If I didn't already have the Key Header I'd be all over this like a fat kid on chocolate cake...

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
2004+ Elantras (actually, any car that has CVVT) uses a differently shaped flexpipe, it mates infront of the oil pan instead of under it so it wouldn't be a bolt on affair for them unless they get a 01-03 flexpipe or cut their flexpipe and re-weld a flange back on.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
thats a pretty awesome price! are you having them manufactured in china and buying them in bulk?

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
If you need an XD1 to test fit this on, I'll be more than happy...

·
Registered
432 Posts
hey chris will this have a problem with the check engine light since on the 01-03 we have two cats. but i might be able to get luckydvl to go down there he's been busy building a mini truck right now. but he might be done to test fit that sucker.

·
Call me J
1,978 Posts
Just to clarify though, this still deletes our first cat right?
EDIT: Blastation you beat me to it!

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
hey chris will this have a problem with the check engine light since on the 01-03 we have two cats.
YES

as with any header, you will need to extend your secondary O2 past the second cat.

flyride, what is the collector diameter (2" or 2.25")?

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
keyan is correct...this actually looks like it would bolt up to an XD1 but not the xd2....

being as the RC tib and the XD manifold are pretty much one in the same.

·
Registered
484 Posts
When do I have to have my pennies saved up by?

Is it 14" past the second cat, or can I get away with 4" past?

·
Registered
713 Posts
i want to do away with my header and get this.Need a clip want to see if it's raspy or not.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts