Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i want to lower my xd but i dont know what to get , after i get the springs what do i need to do or buy , do i need a camber kit , do i need to upgrade something in my suspension im lost can someone help

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
go with Tib struts and whatever spring you like the best.

There are a few different springs out there, with different drops and spring rates.

Eibach makes two.
Apex.
H&R.
Then there are the ebay springs that noone has yet.

Its all your preference. If you search here and on the old forum (click on archive on the top) you'll find a lot of posts of peoples opinions on the best combo.

shawn :)

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
not really unless you plan on autocrossing.

·
Registered
711 Posts
sed said:
go with Tib struts and whatever spring you like the best.

There are a few different springs out there, with different drops and spring rates.

Eibach makes two.
Apex.
H&R.
Then there are the ebay springs that noone has yet.

Its all your preference. If you search here and on the old forum (click on archive on the top) you'll find a lot of posts of peoples opinions on the best combo.

shawn :)
eibachs makes two?

and people have the ebay ones, ilan has them

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
You won't need to worry about the camber unless you're dropping the car more than 2". You will need an alignment after you install the springs no matter what but the shop will be able to get the settings back to stock or to where you want as long as you're realistic.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the responses it helps a lot :abovelol: and one more thing what is all about the tib. struts :confused:

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Tib Struts = Stock Tiburon GT struts. They bolt right up to our Elantra but are much better than our stock struts.

Axel

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks you know what years and how much?
is this mod a must or just for better handing?

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
I believe it's the 2003 Tiburon GT V-6 struts, but I have no idea how much they go for. As for your second question...I don't think it's a must, but I'm sure that your new springs will greatly benefit from the stuffer Tib struts. Plus, your stock Elantra struts would probably wear out faster with lowered springs.

Axel

·
Registered
732 Posts
how much does it usually cost to get a elantra loweered? I'm thinking of doing mine 1.5-2 inch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts