Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am new to this thread and new to the whole tuning scene all together. I bought a used '98 Elantra SE a couple years ago and it's almost paid off so I'm starting to think about doing some mods. First question I guess is how can I tell if I have the G4GB or the G4CP engine? Also, I've been looking at some really sweet Enkei wheels but the Elantra's have those damn captive rotors with the bolt in the centre of the hub. Anyone know away around this to get aftermarket wheels on without replacing the whole hub?

Thanks,
Munque

P.S. Any mod suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the forums. The '98 Elantra has the 1.8L Beta right? I looked through HMAservice.com, but I couldn't find the exact code for it, someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer that for you. SAme for the captive hubs and wheels, I know that it can be done, but how exactly, I've never bothered to check. As far as performance mods go, where do you want to start and what's your goal?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey Munque, welcome to the site! :)

I think there are wheels out there that accomodate the captive rotors you'll have to search around for them though.
I'd recommend checking out hyundaiperformance.com for info on that also.

The engine code is a little tricky too, without first hand knowledge of that model year car I wouldn't be certain what you have. As far as I know though they came with one engine, that being a 1.8ltr 4 cyl. You'll be able to find what "code" it is either by looking in the owners manual, either the door fram sticker or the actual block itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts