Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been trying to install this clutch from sunup til sundown for 3 days now, everytime i start to get rolling there's a problem :confused: I.E. Impact wont fit.. Bolts snapping off, Not enough clearance to get bellhousing far enough out of the way...Running to the store every hour to get new bolts, snap-rings, tools... . Pain in the ***!! :mad: Main problem is I'm doing it myself (An extra set of hands would have been GREAT!) I just got the flywheel off (Took alot of time there , couldn't keep it from turning while I put pressure on the bolts to break em loose). This is the worst case of a damaged clutch I've ever seen..WOW!!:eek: Pic's coming up soon.

Attachments

· Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,678 Posts
get a funnel with a flexible hose coming out. makes it 100x easier

· Registered
484 Posts
Um, wow. That's a wee bit worn.

x3 on the flexible hose. At AutoZone, they have them labeled as "transmission fill hoses".

Was there no way to drop the transmission completely out of the car?

· Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,678 Posts
its tough enough to get space to move it back with the subframe slightly dropped. getting it out completely blows

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank God...IT'S DONE!! Thanks for the help guys. Runs great now (Short test drive.... I'll keep you updated as the miles go by).
Yeah, Guess I ran that old clutch to the grave...lol

· Proud daddy....
328 Posts
ive seen that before, in fact, i pulled a trans out at work once and the clutch disc was fine, but the pressure plate was completly broke in like four places!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you aren't replacing the flywheel, you should get it resurfaced.
You mean I have to tear it apart again!!!??? I don't think I like you now! :kick:

JK... I put in a Lightweight Flywheel. All is new, all is good.. Just have to replace my battery now.. For some reason it wont hold a charge anymore :confused: (Maybe having hazards on til it died. )

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took another tesd drive (on the way to replace my battery)...
21 miles : Great grip on take off, but I get some jutter on downshift. Any Idea if this will go away during break in??

· Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
if you have apucked clutch that is normal and as for the battery, are you positive you reattached all the grounds when you put it back together?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.