Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Newbie My A**
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy that says he can drop this engine into my car. He is certified I am just waiting till the payments are up. 260 hp natural in a elantra, think of that!!! :abovelol:

·
Newbie My A**
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Working on the labor part, I will probably need new axles, transmission etc. May just make it rear wheel drive as well!!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Why not a 3.5 Santa Fe Engine? Everyone keeps talking about a Tiburon 2.7 engine. Just wondering.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
if you have to wait until your payments are up on a hyundai elantra, I assure you that you cannot afford the swap. axles, transmission, ecu, mounting and moving the firewall are just the beginning of your headaches. dont do it unless you dont mind having your car for a while...not to mention that the swap would cost more than your car is worth

·
Registered
130 Posts
please mail me some of what your smoking, i'll pay $80 bucks an 8th, and from what you just said, i deff think it will be worth it!

·
Registered
741 Posts
If this guy is serisous, then then good luck with your staight line drag car... Im thinking around 10k for the swap all together, and ill smoke your ass with my boosted car. Thats what it comes down to really, the fact that boost is cheaper.

·
Modding Procrastinator
444 Posts
rear wheel drive would be nice....always wanted to experience the art of going sidewayz....good luck and the decision is yours alone.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
If you're going through all that trouble, then swap in a Ford 302. The 302 is a very compact V8 block and it'll be cheaper than a brand new 3.5L Nissan motor. And if you get a good one you can crank out 345 HP N/A.

After that, all you have to worry about is a RWD conversion, new tranny, dual exhaust, new custom motor/tranny mounts, and just a lot of fitment issues.

It doesn't make much sense to do it though. While a RWD conversion would be cool, the weight distribution on our cars is 63/37 which would be even worse when you drop in a bigger motor. So if you're that serious about performance, then get something better than the XD.

Just my 2 cents.

You might need to set your goal a little lower for it to be worth trouble.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
actually it would prolly improve wieght distro in our cars.. like that focus v8 conversion kit. You shifting the some of the engine, trans, and diff towards the rear end of the car. It also depends on where the engine would rest... slightly over center, dead center, on setback off the front tires. The farthur back u set the motor the furthur back the trans sits and the more weight you have loading the rear. You could really go crazy and intall a c5 vette like setup of trans in the rear. That would be sweet.... but might be easier to get an elantra body on a vette chassic.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
WytchDctr said:
actually it would prolly improve wieght distro in our cars..
Possibly... it depends like you said. If it does improve weight distribution, it wouldn't be by much. The heavier engine will shift more weight to the front and the driveshaft, rear differential, etc will shift more weight to the rear.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Why dont you just go with a turbo and save your $$$?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts