Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Nitrous kit is HERE !

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  OdessitPashka 
#1 ·
I've got the entire nitrous system ready to go in.

I may start on the installation slowly over the course of this month...

I'll post pics as we go...

Here is a teaser...

#1: Dual Bottle system......

See less See more
#5 ·
OdessitPashka said:
he definitely looks really happy!!!!
how big of a nozzle will you be using?

lol

i'll be using the same nozzle that everyone else uses...

i think i'll start with a 50 shot... I want to benchmark each jetting so i can be sure of what performance level to expect with each jetting change..

so i'll go in this order..

1. 50
2. 60
3. 75
4. 100 *

* I dont know if i'll have the balls to dump a 100 shot into this motor with my current mods... it may cause some melting !!! >..

I could understand how the stock motor can handle the 100 shot since the airflow capacity is reduced, it doesnt actually suck in 100 hp worth even with the jetting set accordingly..

but on a higher flowing motor, it WILL suck in all of the nitrous and then its a different story.. it will make more power and then who knows :)

#10 ·
Let me just give you guys an idea about how sweet nitrous is on the beta.

back when i first got the wet kit installed, i had these mods.

weld-on 3 chamber muffler.
removed resonator.

thats it !

how fast was the car ?

I do not have 1/4 mile or g-tech measurements BUT I could tell that i was running mid to low 14's esily on the stock factory tires and clutch...

i was jetted between 80 and 90 hp on the fogger nozzle.

I deleted all of those old pics... but IT WAS SO AWESOME...

let me put it to you all this way... I had a friend with a spec-v 6speed...

he had the header, no cats, CAI, full exhaust, eibach springs, upgraded tires, race clutch and short shifter...

we went from a standing start and i chewed him up and spit him out in every gear ... I could not even see him the mirror when the race was over.. hehe

then we went from a roll in 1st gear... i beat him even faster this time !!! since i was closer to the powerband and there was only a little tirespin in 1st gear...

that car was running mid to high 14's with that setup and he showed me the slips !!

:) so there.

I can only imagine how much better its gonna run with the race exhaust and race intake setup that i Have now... + suspension and tire upgrades plus my stage 3 clutch :)

#11 ·
I wouldn't be suprised to see your car in the 12's, especially with a 100 shot. Good luck bro!

#14 ·
if you stripped the F*CK out of the car and put slicks on, you might be able to hit 12's, provided everything that needed upgrading was done (particularly the clutch and flywheel, etc).

#16 · (Edited)
uh oh.

Something came up... Looks like I'll have to sell my nitrous system.
I'll have to buy another kit in the future...

lets see....

I have a complete wet kit.
purge kit (slightly damaged threads but still works).
bottle heater.
one standard nitrous bottle.
and one polished NOS bottle with a high flow valve.
Liquid filled nitrous pressure guage.

I would say that $550-600 is fair for all of this stuff and its NEW in the box.

I might have to post it in the for sale forum.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.