Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had A/C just the other day and now nothing.

2004 Elantra GT

Green light on dash working - don't feel the drag on the engine or hear any clicks, and no cold air. I checked the obvious fuses and all were ok. I suspect either a relay or there is not enough "freon" in the system. Your thougths?

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
jesse had an issue with his ac not working. he hot wired the power to the AC directly to the battery. then it worked. but then again... hes the genius that drilled into his ecu harness or something... i doubt ud do that.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
I'm not too well versed in a/c systems (an area I never really got into) but won't it fail to turn on the compressor if its low/out of freon?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm not too well versed in a/c systems (an area I never really got into) but won't it fail to turn on the compressor if its low/out of freon?
Low PSI safety switch. If there is not enough R1344/freon, the A/C compressor will not turn on. It is to save the compressor so you do not burn it up form lack of oil/freon. You will have to have your A/C system recharged. There could be a leak, so maybe go for a leak detection test first.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
^Thank you, I thought so but wasn't sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts