Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, long story short... I have a 06 Elantra that had drum brakes. I swapped ovee to disc only to find out that my e-brake might be missing a bracket closes to the caliper, I think. The cable is all set up but there's not enough tension closes to the caliper. On top of that I have almost no brakes, I bleed the system from R rear to L rear to R front to L front. I get some pressure on the rotor on the R front but the rest spin. I've opened the valve, put pressure on the pedal and closed the valve to insure that there are no air bubbles and clean fluid running out. LONG STORY SHORT I HAVE NO BRAKING POWER TO STOP THE CAR. I've gone over several forums but have had no success to my issue. My car doesn't have ABS, so I'm lost as to what the issue is. Some say it's the Master Cylinder but I don't believe that's the cause. I need ideas to narrow down the issue, thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't know, but best of luck to you! I wanted to do this to my old gls but never got around to it.. Off topic, but how do those godspeed coilovers ride? I had rev9's and they kinda sucked, thinking about these or ksports

1 - 3 of 3 Posts