Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our province in saskatchewan just announced that we no longer need a front license plate on our vehicles.
So I was thinking of making a cutsom plate..or not having one at all..any ideas guys?

Are there plugs out there to fill in the holes? My car is black by the way..:)

Jason

·
Registered
454 Posts
no plugs that I know of but with the holes being so small you could fill it pretty easily and use some touch up paint. As for a plate take blues from his sig. :D

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Laugh..thats a goood idea..:) But I wont steal his..heh

I had a few ideas..doing some laser engraving on the stainless steel stuff I make my door sills from..:) And then encasing the whole thing in a smoked or bluish license plate cover.

I dont think I like the looks of our cars without a plate on the front..kinda looks funny.

Jason

·
Registered
499 Posts
Get an aftermarket front bumper. It'll look good without the license plate.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm with BlueGT on this one. If you just want to plug the holes though, you can probably find black plastic plugs at pep boys

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
What the hell do you need a front plate for anyway? It's probably so they can make more money on registration. I hate having two plates. I heard that cops use the front plate to bounce the radar on to pick up your speed. If this is true, what the hell do the cops do in Pennsyvania or Saskatchewan?!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
or florida

I think that you should definitely get an aftermarket front bumper...

The R34 looks real nice in Black, but I am partial to the Zefiro in Black. I think Zefiro is the nicest looking black kit out there for our cars.

shawn :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
DJ Hellfire said:
I heard that cops use the front plate to bounce the radar on to pick up your speed. If this is true, what the hell do the cops do in Pennsyvania or Saskatchewan?!

hahahahah come one now. why would they need a small metal plate to get the signal to bounce when the rest of the car is big enough target and is made of metal too. now if you had some stealth technology paint on it that's a different storry.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
yevRPS said:
hahahahah come one now. why would they need a small metal plate to get the signal to bounce when the rest of the car is big enough target and is made of metal too. now if you had some stealth technology paint on it that's a different storry.
Hmmm. The F-117 is made out of mostly Carbon-Fiber, isn't it. Maybe this was Craig's intention from the beginning, a radar-proof car. lol. Cops prob. just point at the plate since it's the center of the vehicle, I doubt having or not having a plate plays any effect into radar.

I agree that the OEM bumper looks better with a plate, especially if you already have holes in it from screws. I like the engraved panel idea, but maybe make it smaller than the license plate would be, just tall enough to cover the flat part on the bumper - like 1/2 height of the plate.

·
Registered
883 Posts
playboyz28 said:
Laugh..thats a goood idea..:) But I wont steal his..heh

I had a few ideas..doing some laser engraving on the stainless steel stuff I make my door sills from..:) And then encasing the whole thing in a smoked or bluish license plate cover.

I dont think I like the looks of our cars without a plate on the front..kinda looks funny.

Jason
Kinda looks funny w/o it because you are so used to seeing it there. It is not required in AZ either, therefore I am used to not seeing it there. I think that it looks funny w/ one on, really, I do. Therfore my suggestion would be if you want a clean looking car, leave it off! As for the holes, you are bound to find something, maybe even screw covers from Home Depot.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow, that's awesome, I wish New York would do away with the front plate. Although I do see the purpose for having it. I'm pretty sure it's because accidents happen at all angles, and it's just another point of recognition for cops and other people. I mean if your car get twisted in the back, chances are that liscence plate is going to be destroyed. So if there's one on the front, I guess they can use that one....but I could be wrong...and probably am.

:drive:

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
evil247 said:
As for a plate take blues from his sig. :D
I am getting it :bowdown: I say one member from every state here gets it as thier plate. :cool: Represent the EXD :bling: Fo'Shizzle

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you get a custom plate done, what about doing in the same style as a Korean plate?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Korean Plates...yeah, those are cool.....I might have one made up for me for shows. But the cops aim at the plate because it is an easy spot to target, especially if you have the new ones that are highly reflective. Apparently they are trained to aim for the plate - that's what I read somewhere anyway. You'll have holes left behind on the black molding if I remember correctly. I think it would look nice and sleek without the holder there. Or you could get another crooked H emblem and stick it on there!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Like this, but with whatever numbers or even letters that you want

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Get one of those metal logo plates with the hyundai logo. If you can find one. But an aftermarket bumper would look nice without a plate. Course you'd have to get the rest of the kit to match. Or you can do what the catalogs do and just paint your existing plate to match the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts