Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have started over, maybe now is a good time to take out post counts. I happen to think that some users might see post count as a status thing, and therefore tend to "whore" more often. I have seen this already.

does this make sense?

oh well, just a suggestion.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I agree most people that have been around know who the good sources of info are and don't need to see someones post count to know if they are talking out of their ass.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
I agree post counts mean nothing - I've been around sence the second week and I read a lot more then I post.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
yep, I would have to agree.

·
Registered
499 Posts
When I moving to this new software, I thought about removing the post counts. But then I realized that I need them for administrative stuff and board maintenance.
As for postwhoring, now that users can customize their titles and that we have an arcade, I think postwhoring became less of a problem. And I am sure that most of you do not pay attention to the post count when judging if the person is knowledgable or not.

·
Registered
376 Posts
And I am sure that most of you do not pay attention to the post count when judging if the person is knowledgable or not.

Well said. I mean it's fairly obvious who posts just to post and who actually has something to say. I don't really think it's that much of a problem here to tell you the truth. I think everyone has something to add.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts