Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the nology wire set made for the tib fit the elantra? also is it worth the money???

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, any wire set made for the 4cyl Tib will fit the Elantra.
Also, look into Magnecores.

·
-
471 Posts
4mynikka said:
does anyone know if the nology wire set made for the tib fit the elantra? also is it worth the money???
You mean the hideously overpriced junk with the "capacitors" built into them? Before you waste your money, go to Magnecor's site and read their technical pages. They explain why Nology wires are a joke. Notice also that they do have good things to say about competitors that make good wires. Yes, they have a vested interest in your buying decision, but the info they provide is the straight scoop.

·
Blown GK
220 Posts
I know with my V6 they made a difference..felt it with the butt dyno. And anothe tib member dyno'd 7hp. Ive sold some to some 2.0 tib owners and they noticed a difference also.

·
-
471 Posts
Have any of you compared them with any other high quality wire (magnecor, etc.)? If your stock wires were performing below standard, any new wire would yield an improvement, in most cases, for a lot less money.

·
-
471 Posts
jameswing said:
how much are Nology? Magnacor?
The prices I've seen for Nology wires are in the ~$180-$200 range. Magnecors are ~$85-$95 for their 8.5mm wires. NGK wires are also supposed to be good (even Magnecor says as much) and they're ~$40-$50.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
labmixz said:
made a huge diff on my 2.0 ;)

nology wires are one of the best mods I've put on my car so far...

yeah my magnacor wires are one of my best mods.. but it wasn't all the wire. The stock hyundai wires go to crap fast. So when you put something that was a little better than stock in coming from crap wires. Yes your going to feel a big gain. Id like to see a dyno comparison from NEW stock wires then swap in some magnacors or nology..,... :rolleyes:

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
That info on magnecor's website sold me on their wires. I don't know of any other company that would go through so much hassle to provide all that info on their website. I got bored from reading it! I originally was gonna buy the nology hot wires. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Like I said, I have had both and i cant really tell a difference between them. Even from stock the only thing i can really say i noticed was that it was slightly smoother.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Elantra2.001 said:
Like I said, I have had both and i cant really tell a difference between them. Even from stock the only thing i can really say i noticed was that it was slightly smoother.
In the Magnecor website they mentioned how the ignition wires are only conductors, therefore there's no possible way to gain any HP or TQ. The only way you would notice a gain was if your previous wires weren't performing at the level they were supposed to. So maybe your stock ignition wires were fine at the time you replaced the wires?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts