Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading on the old board (but couldn't find it in searching) that besides the stick-on carbon fiber kit, there is a plastic "wood" dash kit that goes for around the same price. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Firstly, I wonder if anyone has any pictures of said kit, installed or not.

Secondly, is there a part number I should look for?

I'm kinda curious... for grins I'm thinking of buying the chrome garnishes from Carbonman and putting in the wood kit and pretending my car's fancy ;)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Ick. To each, their own... but I hate the look of the Hyundai 'wood' dash.

For $200 I'd think about

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, the whole thing is kind of tongue in cheek. Although I wouldn't dare get a wood dash kit and paint the instrument cluster in red o_O

Thanks for the pic, Super. That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking to see. I don't think I'm going to shell out $200 to be tongue in cheek.

I was just thinking about it after riding in some spiffed out Lincoln on a business trip to St Louis last week. It had all that cheeseball pseudo-wood trim, chrome this and that. But $200 for fake wood, $95 for chrome trim, and still driving on steel wheels and Hyundai wheel covers... I'd rather get a new multichannel sound card :)

That wood kit is pretty awful.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
watch ebay - I picked one up for $65, I would sell it to you, but I just sold it to a co-worker for $175 installed. I had it in my car for a few weeks and really liked it, but he likes it alot more and I get to keep his old dash so I can Paint it.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I check ebay every couple of days for Elantra stuff, but hadn't seen one of these show up... only lots of sticky kits. $65 ain't bad at all, as long as it's not sticky. Heehee. And I think it probably looks a bit better in the tan interior than the GT Gray. Oh well, perhaps someday :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts