Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
05_blue_xd2
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals.

I am looking to part with my OBX header for the Elantra XD. I used it for about 2000 miles.

As you can see in the picture, it does have some signs of tarnishing. I paid $200 for it annd am looking for $100 plus $30 for shipping to anywhere in the continental USA.

The header did give some really nice flow charecteristics to the exhaust system and improved torque and engine response. However you must remember that you will most likely need to extend the secondary O2 sensor further downstream to avoid a CEL. I have also seen people purchase an O2 sensor extender from Advanced autoparts to remedy the CEL issue as well. If you search the forum to how to fix the CEL problem, I believe KEWLKAT made a diagram outlining the procedure. Once you've done that, then add a CAi and you'ver got a nice freeflowing exhaust system with better torque and a few more ponies.

You will be geting the upper and lower pieces of the header, 4 bolts, 2 inline gaskets and the header gasket that mate between the block and header. You may want to use the stock steel gasket as it may give a better seal and prevent exhaust leakage.

Here are some pictures...... IMG_1897 (800x600).jpg IMG_1898 (800x600).jpg IMG_1899 (800x600).jpg IMG_1900 (800x600).jpg IMG_1901 (800x600).jpg

Any questions, just ask.

·
05_blue_xd2
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup! It bolted straight to the block with no hassles. I have an evofusion catback. When I bolted it up the race header it did get loud on acceleration, so i reinstalled the stock midpipe and it quieted it down. If you have the stock muffler it would probably make a bit raspier. Lemme know if you're interested.

Just make sure you have a plan to deal with the CEL that will trip. I believe Kewlkat had a fix for this.....something about extending the 2nd o2 sensor further down the midpipe. SOme other people have purchased an o2 sensor "isolator" / "antifouler" fitting (available at an auto parts store), which locates the sensor further from the exhaust flow.....check out the youtube video link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BHMJoxQGM4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.