Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Mine are almost 3 yrs old and look better than that! I guess its all how you care for them and what you do with your car.

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
I got mats with the car, and the driver's side looked like that after 6 months, too. I complained to the dealer and got new ones. Of course, they gave me a song-and-dance that the floormats are "wear and tear" items, but when I talked to the service manager, they finally decided to replace them out of "goodwill."

The second set I got from them lasted over two years without wearing out like that. They may just have had a bad run of floormats or changed suppliers. The second set was cut slightly differently than the first, and the Elantra logo was different (I think the first set said "Elantra GT" on them).

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have a cheep rubber mats that I put over them if I have been walking through anything real abbrasive, or if i'm going somewhere that I know I'll be doing a lot of shifting, and moving my feet.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I wore a hole right through the heel under the clutch pedal on my OEM mats. I'd like to get replacements, but $85 is ludicrous. So instead I tacked on some leftover carpet from when my parents put carpets in their basement. It looks pretty ghetto, but it was quick and inexpensive and does the job fine until I find a decent set on eBay or something.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I saw some nice looking ones somewhere that were ~$50 and they had a extra peice of carpet for the heal, and they were cut just like the stockers, even with the little hole for the retiner. I wish I had bookmarked that page. I'll try to find it. I think it wass from a link either here or on GTclub.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Yeah mine look that bad after almost 2 years & 20K miles.

Next time I'll get kevlar floor mats thank you very much. Hmm.. I wonder if they make such a thing.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
You all made fun of me because of the ugly rugs I have over my mats, but look who is laughing now. My mats are like brand new! Get something to go over your mats and save them!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
get on of those shower mats that rubber will protect the carpet. Then just pull it out and hose it clean!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts