Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you have probably already seen my For Sale post in the Marketplace forum. Yes, I am bringing my car back to stock and will be selling it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish my huge XD project. My little Elantra dream won't come true. I wanted to turn my car into smth really special. A really nice looking XD with power to back that up. Skyline R34 bodykit, custom paintjob, c/f hood, lightweight wheels with sticky tires, custom turbo setup with GT28RS pushing around 320 horsepower at the wheels, Quaife limited slip differential... The list goes on and on. That was gonna be one mean Elantra. :(

Another thing is that I will not be able to run ElantraXD.com anymore. Right now I am trying to choose who will be the future EXD administrator so don't worry, EXD.com will not disappear!

So now you are all wondering what in the hell BlueGT is gonna do. Well, a couple of days ago I had a meeting with my boss and it turns out that we are going to have a major construction project in Kazakhstan and I will need to go there pretty soon. The project is gonna take several years. Right now I do not know how long I will need to be there but I think it will be a while. There will be LOTS OF work to do and I will basically work 24 hours a day. Daytime with locals and nighttime with Americans since it will be daytime here. That means absolutely no free time. Besides, Internet access is not the best out there and I can defiinitely forget about broadband. I will try to stop by the board once in a while but there is no way I'll be able to run the whole website.

Now I am really busy spending most of my time at the meetings trying to figure out the details of the project, what is expected from me and what I should exprect from the company. And of course, trying to sell all the stuff that I won't be able to take with me. Including my car. :( :(

Soon I will be announcing the new admin of ElantraXD.com and I will definitely make a farewell post before leaving.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
:(
Damn, man. That wasn't what I had in mind when you said you were selling the car. I assumed you were maybe moving upto a better car. Not in my wildest dreams did I think you were leaving the country and the site for a long time :(
I think we should have a big NoVa meet before you go, as a 'going away' thing, since you won't be here for the August meet(I'm assuming).

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
Wow dude. Well Talgat, it was great meeting you, talking with ya, and I'm sure everyone will join in saying a big "Thank You" for making this site a reality. I remember when it was just a "coming soon" long ago. All the best to you, and good luck. Take care, man.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
not to ruin the mood or anything and i dont really mean to be the first postwhore hijacker of this of all threads but i cant help but notice that tniv1 has "resident buttcheek breaker under his name? whats that all about dude? lol hope that livens the situation up a little. . . i mean . . this is like John Ritter leaving 8 simple rules. . . well its not like he really chose to . . .you know what i mean. . geez . . sorry this is just dumbfounding. . . Blue. . . Thank you man . . honestly thank you so very much for making me care about my car. . . helping me love my car, think about what i could do to it/for it. . . thank you for new friends, memories . . . . inspiration . . . pictures,diy's . . . *sigh* i hope we do a good job of carrying the torch on while we wait for you to come back. . .p.s. do just that . . please

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are leaving. Thanks for creating this site, because it has helped a lot of XD owners. Good luck on your project!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to hear your leaving but I wish you the best of luck and don't forget us

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well I guess this isn't an April Fools day joke, dammit! First thank you so much for all your hard work in creating an atmosphere where like-minded enthusiasts can meet and congregate, you have done the world a great service. There is already a Nova meet sort of planned for the second Sunday in June at Burke Lake Park. Lets all us Nova people get together and make that plan a reality. I think Blue deserves a world class send-off from all of us. BTW, anyone who cares to join us, whereever you live please do! Damn dude you should have enough mad-money in the bank when you come home to build the worlds most bad-ass Elantra! Best of luck and be safe over there man.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks Blue, you have created a great site...and a great atmosphere here. There have been ups and downs, but for the most part it has been ups and thats because of the dedication that you have put in. Thanks again

Rob

·
-
471 Posts
Thanks for a job well done!

Despite being relatively new here, I can appreciate what you've done. Thanks and best wishes in all your future endeavors.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
Hey man I know that I was looking foward to coming out and meeting a lot of new people when I get back to put a face to the name here and on other boards, be safe man and hope that you can drop in once in awhile. I for one being a soldier know what it is like to have to leave things and go some places no one wants to go and do things that you have to do to take care of business :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well Blue, looks like you and I have left our Elantras to move on. The new wheels are in; 1970 MG Midget, just as promised. She'll need work, but I did it, I bought a car. But don't worry, my parents still own the 2 elantras, and I'll be driving them still. But no money will be going in them from me unfortunetly. I know you all wanna see this so:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Well Blue, best of luck to ya. Good luck overseas, be careful and come home soon. We'll be here when you get back.

·
06 GT Silver 5M
59 Posts
All I am going to say is thank you for the inspiration to take care of my car and treat it with respect and of course MODS :) Good luck on your new venture and hopefully when you get back elantras will be known everywhere as a car that eats honda's for fun :p

·
Registered
851 Posts
Kazakhstan! Crazy. Thanks for all the work and time and effort you've put into making ElantraXD.com. Once you're over there, definitely stop by whenever you can and let us all know how you're doing and what's new.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
You My Boy Blue! Yeah ive said it before but it sound cool. So look man, thanks for all your efforts on this site, I and many others are forever thankful for all your work. It isnt often that a group of people can come together and talk about what they enjoy and how to make it better still, let alone come together on a daily basis. Though there are some differences here amongst us we are, like I said, all here for the same reason. I wish you the best of luck with all your travels and whatever routes you may follow. Take care of yourself and remember you always have family back here with us.

Donnie

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts
Wow! away for awhile and this. I hopr you are making mad cash for this. I would not go to any stan EVER (been already, mmmmm hated it). So hats off to you and good luck. Just be careful over there. Thanks for the site. ;)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
As everyone else has said, thanks for the time and effort you have put into this site. I know how hard it is because I am trying to get one going myself. So I admire your will and determination. Take care of yourself over there and I know I speak for everyone when I say, COME HOME SAFE!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts