Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals. Some of you know me and I know some of you. We are having a lil Ohio meet coming up soon. I would love to see some of you whom I have seen at other Ohio meets come on down. Here is the link on NT and I am reposting the details as well.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98939

OHIO
MEET
VIII!!!

April 28th, 2007
Time: 11:00am
Acitivites: Mall, Cookout?, Magic Mountain Sprint Course?

Easton Town Center
CompUSA
3749 Easton Market
Columbus, OH 43219
Easton Town Center

This will be the 9th bi-annual Ohio Meet.

I please ask that only those that are definately going to show up (excluding emergencies) to post up that they will show up. I really want this to be a big turn out so plan ahead and lets get this ball rolling!

So far we will be meeting up at CompUSA and then heading up to Alum Creek where we will have a nice little cookout. Please bring what YOU want to eat and drink. This is a State Park so please no alcohol.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/alum.htm

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
awwww man, i don't think i'll be out of the bodyshop by then. I'll be at s3 though.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Sorry Brian, weekend is already booked.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
gotta work til noon, but just a heads up, comp usa may not be there around that time. theyve been clearancing everything out to shut down that store. the address should be enough though

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
compUSA will be there for a few more months, it just won't be open to the public. I used to work there and got fired for not selling enough new computers (even though my job was to fix old computers). no surprise they're losing money...

but anyway, I think I'll be coming to this meet! my car isn't very sweet and I'm kind of weird with meeting people, but I'll bring my girlfriend for socializing duties.

edit: will anyone be able to give me some pointers in-person? I'd like to do some more advanced mods (slave cyl, etc), but having never messed with "difficult stuff" I'm really reluctant to get started in fear of breaking my car.

·
12,676 Posts
if i can get a couple free hours between now and the meet on a weekend, i can help you do the slave cylinder mod and the TB coolant bypass...both can be done in about 1/2 hour

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
are they easy? I guess I'm just not understanding the technical stuff behind these mods. I mean, everyone is saying they're good mods and I know what they achieve, I just don't understand those sections of the car that well.

would it be good to do it sometime during the meet? what kind of tools will I need?

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
are they easy? I guess I'm just not understanding the technical stuff behind these mods. I mean, everyone is saying they're good mods and I know what they achieve, I just don't understand those sections of the car that well.

would it be good to do it sometime during the meet? what kind of tools will I need?
Slave Cylinder mod takes two minutes..literally.

The best way to do a mod is start doing it, whether or not you want to. Once you start, you can't stop until you're done.

·
12,676 Posts
Slave Cylinder mod takes two minutes..literally.

The best way to do a mod is start doing it, whether or not you want to. Once you start, you can't stop until you're done.
i wouldnt lead him on to say its a 2 minute task. from the sound of it, he seems to have a fairly stock car, which means he would have to remove some of the stock intake piping, then unbolt the slave cylinder, ive found it to be 5X easier to remove the mouning bolts and "shake" the spring out since i never seem to have a magnet around to pull it out, bolt it back in, bleed the system again...

when i did andy's (soullesselantra) car, it was something as dumb as me losing my hose and having to go to autozone and getting a hose just to bleed the system.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yeah I mean basically I'm pretty smart, I just have this fear that I'm going to **** up my car since I don't really know what I'm doing in this scenario.

also yes, my car is pretty stock. I have a K&N but that's about it.

both of these mods are harmless though, right? no negative effects for someone who knows how to drive?

also I'm still paying off the car... I know the dealer really can't do much, but will this be something noticeable to them? (should I start a new thread? haha)

·
Registered
713 Posts
i might be able to go it all depends on if the wife gives birth by then

·
05' Elantra
1,244 Posts
wish i would of seen this the day it was posted... I would of been able to request it off... but I gotta work a 15 hour shift that day... imagine that... A meet close to me, and I can't make it, that blows...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yeah I've never seen any hatchbacks (especially with mods!). it's usually old people driving them where I live... I see a lot of stock tibs though!

I hope a lot of people show up, I need pointers and am anxious to get to meet some people.

·
12,676 Posts
not to burst your bubble, but i dont think felix will drive 13 hours for this meet...unless your talking about s3, which may be a little larger

·
05' Elantra
1,244 Posts
i doubt felix is gonna make it, thats a bit of a drive... course he's done it before lol...
I might call off of work that day, **** it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts