Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...after this I will stop asking so many audio questions! :tongue:

I saw that some component systems like the high-end JL Audio are three-way (tweeters, mids, and subwoofers)...if I were to use one of these, would it cover my audio needs for a well-rounded system? Would I still need to have a seperate sub, or would the two small subs (mounted in the rear shelf) produce adequate bass?

Or should I just go for a two-way component system in the doors and put coaxials in the rear? Either way I am going to amp everything at around 100W/channel.

THANKS...your info has been invaluable in me decided what the hell I am going to do. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
depends what you're needs are. i'm generally not a big fan of the three-way component systems. they're designed for real custom installations, where custom panels are made for all the components (e.g., 6" mid-bass, 4" mid-range). for a well-rounded system stick with two-way 6.5" or 6x9 components designed to fit in the stock openings. and you can always get away with cheaper speakers in the rear, like coaxials as opposed to components. and if you need more bass, you can always add a sub later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can always get a set of 6x9 woofers in the rear for bass. Kicker used to make some free air woofers and Fosgate made some too that were woofers with no mids or tweeters in them.

You could just treat them as your subs and not fuss with any box building or loss of trunck space. Sure it's not going to rattle your teeth but you'll get a decent kick because a 6x9 has roughly the same piston area as an 8 inch.

You can find them every now and then on eBay so it's always an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts