Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
turbo envy
12,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
^yeah...that never happened...but here are some cool pics i snapped today and will put into the car of the decade thread. depending on the job status and where i'm living come august/september...i'm either going to just keep this the way it is or go balls to the wall....or just keep it as a dd and get another car...who knows.

·
turbo envy
12,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
yeah i'm not sure whats going on with that...

thanks for the compliments though. cant wait to get moving on it again or just decide what i'm going to do with it.

i have alot of things in the air...what i would like to do is

tib bumber
short shifter
new paint
get new coils
turbo with lsd

if as a daily driver...get new springs/struts and just leave it as is and get something sporty for the summer...coupe (really want this!) or volester turbo

OR

trade it in all together and get something else for all year around (thinking sonata turbo)

it will be a hard sell to the wife to have three cars though...espeically since we are going to be trading in her 04 on probably a sonata gls with 6spd. or the accent 5 door

·
turbo envy
12,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
well finally got everything back together and the car is on four real tires after my spare blew up! not fun/cool...so i was forced...i was hoping to wait til saturday so i would be cheaper but owell. I will just get the alignment on saturday (along with camber bolts installed and balance of the other two tires.)

here is what i have done.

H&R springs
Tib KYB GR-2's
two new nitto neo gens
both inner tie rod ends

what i still need to do...

get alignment (tomorrow)
passenger side axel (from doing different heights on the car i can tell that the outter joint is beat (lots of clicking and noisiness while i had the oem setup on there)

but i do think this is the beginning of the end....just going to maintain it and keep it running.

some pics. although the measurements would say that the car is raked(i think it more the body lines then the suspension) but i dont notice a difference between front and rear and i dont notice a difference in stance from the springs to the coils. ride is essenstially the same (a little softer and a little more body roll, but other all the handling has not really changed...although without the correct alignment its hard to tell for sure.)

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
looks good dude and now we can really compare our drop because i have the H&R springs and tibby gr 2 struts only difference being i have the 16's, cant wait to get down there and meet up with you and the others

·
turbo envy
12,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
i had 215/45 with my other rims. i was using used tib tires...no thanks, the rolling diameter is too big, they were heavier, and killed my mileage.

04gt....when are you looking to come down?? i'm probably blowing this joint come sept/oct

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
hopefuly by mid august jason has to wait for the okay from work to transfer down there
where wil you be going in sept / oct?

ya when i had 17's i was using 215 / 45 and they sucked the hatch back is already heavy enough lol

·
turbo envy
12,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
probably out to colorado for work. There are no jobs for me around here. Unless i get extremely lucky...but even then i can make an exta 15k by going out there, and everything else is equal. Looks like simple math to me. Besides i miss curvy roads and real trees. The smell of damp woods and waterfalls. I miss hiking in the woods. You really cant do that down here.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts