Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Should I buy a new no name brand or a used name brand?

• New 'No Name'

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Used 'Name Brand'

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, some of you might remember me posting the in dash monitor I'm gonna buy. It's the Innovatek 702l model at mp3playerstore.com. The price is 199.99. It looks real good from the video they have on the site.
Well, I've been browsing ebay and have found a couple of used Pioneer, Eclipse, and Panasonic in dash monitors for about 200(200-240). Would you rather go with a name brand that was used or a new 'no-name' brand that comes with a warrenty?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I have a no name brand in my car, and I love it... its perfect for my application and it is actually better quality than some of the higher priced "name" brand... Look at the amount of pixels in the screen, let that be the deciding factor.

shawn :)

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
From a cool factor point of veiw name brand always seems cooler. Just don't tell anyone you bought it used. Some of the no brand stuff looks cheap and regardless of how great it was I wouldn't be happy with something that works like the real deal but looks like crap. If the stuff you're pricing looks nice and has the features that's a tough choice.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
No-name brands just look cheap imo, regardless of how good they are, they just don't have that 'look'. it's up to you though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I went with a name brand but only because of the deal that I got on it. I would have still probably waited to get a name brand though

·
Registered
268 Posts
mine was 200. shipped and has a good picture but pioneer has a much better picture I liked my old pioneer screen better than my current one, as far as getting used I would becareful because modile electronics are very fragile and you don't know whats been done to it before you got it

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thats a tough choice. I depends on the no-name though. I have had experience with a couple of them, some were good, some bad. I love my alpine though. Doesnt get much more name brand than that, although mine was new.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
DragoZERO said:
umm...save up and get the new pioneer, cd player/dvd player/gps in dash monitor. its tight.
I don't need all that though. I'm not going all balls out no this car, as I did on my last Elantra. I just can't stand to lose all that time and money that I invested it it, if something happens again.
I'm only spending a lot on on the suspension(already bought), and brakes, and tires. I'm doing simple, inexpensive mods other than that.
So, having said that, I only really want to spend under 300 for an in dash monitor. I can't get a new name brand for that, so I'm left with no name and used name brand as choices. Unless someone can hook me up that works somewhere :confused:
So, I'm not really all that confident with buying a used monitor. "What ifs" like burn in images, or streaks, or whatever really bothers me, especially sense there is no warrenty on it. So, I guess I will go with the no name brand, that way I at least get a warrenty. Also, JJos's looks just like the one I'm getting, and he likes his, so...........Unless someone hooks me up here :bowdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts