Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night I got pull over by casselbery P.D. for no reason, I was on a traffic light waiting for a green light and a cop pull up behind me. when the light turn green I move no more than 20 feet when she turn the light on and told me to pull in a gas station and I did. she got out of the police car and walk around my car then ask me for all the documents and when back to her car. when she came back she hand me a citation for the clear corner lights(blue bulb) and for the exhaust being to loud. the good part is that is only $34.00. the bad part is that she told me that all the police dept. of the area are pulling all the car that are hook up just to try to stop the street racing. so if your car is realy nice be sure that sooner or later they are gonig to stop you and make your life miserable.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I already got one for my exhaust being too loud.In FL any exhaust thats louder than stock is against the law.Ive talked to several cops and troopers and they all said the same

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Damn Alex, that sucks. I guess I will have to stay away from Casselbery.

·
Registered
93 Posts
down here in Fort Lauderdale I haven't heard anybody getting loud exaust tickets. My friend with STI with 4" down pipe with 3"1/2 exaust, 5.0 mustang with H pipe, and all these crazy V8's. I guess we are still lucky down here. One thing though I don't know how those bikes get away from those loud exaust tickets.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
gunwoo82 said:
down here in Fort Lauderdale I haven't heard anybody getting loud exaust tickets. My friend with STI with 4" down pipe with 3"1/2 exaust, 5.0 mustang with H pipe, and all these crazy V8's. I guess we are still lucky down here. One thing though I don't know how those bikes get away from those loud exaust tickets.

thats cuz we are in the dirty south...

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well is not all that bad I don't have to pay the $34.00 I have 30 day to take my car to a police station to be inspected and prove that I replace the blue lights and silence the exhaust,that way I don't have to pay. but I fear that when I take the car to the station the cop pops the hood and BINGO... everything under the hood spell ILEGAL. then I'll be :eek:wned:

·
hard face
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
clarion said:
what do you got under there? a gun and a bloody knife....you still got a cat. down there right?
no,no,no,the 357sig is in the glove box,the .40s&w is under the seat and the mini30 is in the trunk. :Blasting_
the thing is that the cop told me that anything that is modify is ilegal. if it did not came with the car from factory is ilegal. does not make any sence but that's what she told me.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's the other way here, if you have a "not" you can use it, but it's still illegal for anybody to sell it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got a $30 ticket last weekend for having green turn signals and license plate lights in Iowa, I had to pay mine though.

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
gunwoo82 said:
Actually, I got a warning for my exhaust on the turnpike right by SW 8th street. He says it's because it's a modified exhaust system. If it makes any noise other than the noise it makes stock (which is no noise) then it's illegal. So whenever you see trooper be careful. I just throw my car in Neutral and cruise by them. It makes no noise at all he he.....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Simple solution is to not change the colors of the lights on your car. They are certain colors for a reason. Also, don't drive with neons on either.

If you draw attention to yourself, you are asking to be pulled over.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Most states have it online also, Check on your DMV page.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts