Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
POwned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok got a question or two for whoever has experience replacing the outer tie rods.

1.is it really as easy as Chilton/Haynes claims it to be. 3-4 steps not including taking off the tire.

2.should I replace the inner tie rods at the same time? The mechanic at the alignment shop didn’t say if they needed to be or didn’t need to be replaced.

3.are their any racing or performance tie rods that would be better to get than just straight up replacing the stock with the same just new. If so what brand should I look for?

---------- Post added 02-10-2010 at 11:02 AM ----------

come on people. no one, really? no one has ever replaced there outter tie rods?

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Technically it's really easy. But since your car is 7 years old, and has been through (I'm assuming) 7 winters, it might be a pain in the ***.

·
POwned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great! well i'll be working on it this weekend so i'll find out first hand. glad to hear that it is going to be easy, or should be, cause it never is.
and as the winters go this is number two. unless you count the 65+ degree winters in Vegas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.