Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! I noticed that my 02 Elantra starts overheating and AC blows warm when the car is not moving (traffic lights, etc). When moving everything is fine. Changed thermostat - same problem. Cooling fan turns on and seems to work fine, but the AC fan does not come on at all.

What could be the problem? Any piece of advice is much appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
Did you check the a/c thermostat also?
It could also be the fan motor of the a/c fan or just a plug came loose!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did not check the a/c thermostat. Where is it located. All connections seem tight. I did not check the fan/fan motor yet.

thanks for your reply.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
did you replace the thermostat gasket when you replaced it because if the seal isn't good the car will continue to overheat even though coolant won't leak

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, the A/C on most hyundais does not blow cold air unless the car is moving. The heater doesn't blow hot air during winter unless car is moving. Not sure why but I did find this out due to having 2004 elantra, and troubleshooting this problem on other car.

The a/c fan not working ? Did you check or replace the A/C fan relay / fuse? Located in the fuse / relay box in the engine compartment. I would check those first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, the problem is solved! The radiator fan relay was fried!!!! Damn it. :) tha't why only one radiator fan was working and car was overheating at idle (not enough fan power from only one fan)

Thanks to all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts