Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 GT is showing its age in the paint. I have collected swirl marks and superficial scratches; my trim is also dulling. By my estimation it is time for a major waxing and polishing but I don’t know what this really means. What does polishing do and how do I know if I need one? How often should a car that is left outside be waxed? Any general body care advice.
BB

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
If you cant keep it out of the weather you should wax it at least 3-4 times a year. And that means a good full very detailed wax not a spray on generic wax. I wax my car about once a month but I am a compulsive neat freak!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
For a car only 2 yrs. old, you should be able to bring back the gloss with a good all in one product that cleans, polishes & protects. I use and sell Autoglym car care products, I recommend Autoglym Super Resin Polish, it's an all in one polymer that cleans, polishes & protects your paint for 4 - 6 months. For more information on Autoglym products, visit my site; www.bgspecialty.com. If your interested in trying Super Resin Polish, send me an email and I'll give you a discount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts