Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read lots of debate about the paint quality on our cars. Some say it's fine, while others think it's not so great. I'm wondering if anyone ever broke it down by color? Are some colors holding up better than others? My chianti red seems to be surviving quite well. Any thoughts?

Wil

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
My '01 Silver Elantra (bought used in '03. not sure of condition beforehand) Has around 4 tiny rustspots along the hood. Need to get it fixed soon...

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
2001 bought new Cobalt Blue...I would say it held up ok....not spectacular but not bad either. I have taken very good care of it!

·
Do you Hyundai?
114 Posts
I work at Hyundai dealership and for the most part the cars when they come off the truck they are ok when we remove the plastic wrap the black ones always have chips on them as for other colors it is hit or miss, Hyundai paint is very soft they dont give it enough time to dry I think none the less EVERY BLACK one I have sold has nicks chips scratches on the hood it is embarasing to try and sell it cause our cost goes up when we have to touch up every damn car.

GTsmokeya

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 2002 black GLS and the paint started chipping on the hood within a few months. I didn't send it back for warranty because it didn't seem like it was a rust problem. Now as far as door dings and paint chipping bc of those, it's like washing latex paint off of a wall. It's ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
My carbon blue one (well once was ;) ) had a nice chunk of paint come off and rust spot form within a week on the rear passenger door beneath the molding (this was after one winter season). They fixed it without a fuss. I noticed paint coming off around the rear lights as well.....needless to say I think it's due to prepping in my case. Hyundai paint is soft and the majority of people here (well what I've noticed) think the quality isn't that great. But if you wash and wax it regularly and I mean wax it often, you will be able to protect your paint better than the next guy that only washes and waxes twice a year!

Oh, and don't forget to remove bird poopies immediately as they tend to 'stain' your paint. That goes for any egg remnants too - heaven forbid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts