Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed and painted the emblems on my gt black to match my car then returned them to my grill and hatch molding. Not long after I had my hatch molding filled and re painted but the emblem on the grill remained. Gradually the paint started to chip off and it is now at a point that I cannot stand. Does anyone know how I can get my paint to stand the test of time and all of the abuse it takes on my grill. When I painted the emblems I followed the following process:
Sanded emblem to create a rough surface
Cleaned thoroughly
Applied 2 coats of primer
Applied 3 coats of auto paint
Applied 3 coats of clear.
Help out
BB

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I have to assume that the emblems are plastic( I havn't looked that closely) but if they are you might have better luck with the Kyrlon Fusion paint that is specifically made for plastics.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
yeah mine held up ok but not permanent by far. It never hurts to repaint emblems every couple yrs. but it is a pain!!

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
You need to use plastic surface prep, which is a pain to find. You can try wipping the surface with laquer thinner right before you spray. Also Krylon Fusion is not proven yet. I did plastic outdoor chairs and tables with it, but 2 days later I scrapted some paint off with my finger nail... not too good!!! I will check again after a month of curring to see how it does...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I had mine made by http://www.heliosdesign.org/ and they were pretty nice. You'd have to email him and ask for them specifically... he's a Hyundai owner though, so it's all good.

As you can kinda see in the second pic, the emblem was a little too big. I relayed the problem to Ben (the Helios Design guy) and he sent me out new ones no problem. Just take measurements and give them to him. Good luck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
212 Posts
god damn that's hot, price, hell if he already has the design i'd take one. Also your tail lights look rasberry instead of bright ass red, is it the pic or is that really the color?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts