Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my SR rear strut bar. this is a new style bar. looks JUST like the mussa bar IMHO. any way on to the pics.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it from Shark Racing. it is looks the same as the Mussa bar. and it makes a huge difference on my hatch

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
adjustable sway bar????? epxplain or send a link

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
yeah there is an australian company...i will have to find the site....whiteline sells them...they go from 20mm up to 24mm....atleast that was the 00 tib and we pretty much have the same swaybar (thickness)...i will look if i find it i will post it!

here is the link
adjustable sway bar
go to swaybars...and look for lantra....sure enough it says 95 and on!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok..... i just found it..... now does anyone know how an adjustable sway bar work? i mean the thicker the bar the more difference it will make.... i mean you can't make the bar thicker by twisting a bolt..... or can you?

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
it has different holes in the bar....like where to mount the bar...the closer you bolt it the stiffer it is...the further away the softer it is....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm..... i would just keep it on the stiffest setting. i'm always driving fast where it would help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not a bad idea. how much is the bar in american?

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
How does that fit between the hatch cover and the back seat? My hatch cover is flush against the seat back. I can't figure out how that could fit.

-Roy

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
roy. look at your hatch cover. the little flap on it moves. well that flap just gets pushed away. it is a very tite fit/

·
Registered
156 Posts
KDMdreamin said:
the purpose of sway bars is to stop the body of a car frame from flexing? am i correct? if not somebody correct.

KDM, what you are talking about is a strut brace(bar). it is meant to stiffen the chasis by supporting the car where the forces act upon it. It's to help keep the car flexing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts