Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
i think Black04XD2 took his off you should ask him for details...a little heat gun/hairdryer action should do the trick

·
Registered
226 Posts
nope pinstripes are not painted on. let ur car sit in the sun then start at one end and peel them off. don't go too fast or u'll rip em tho.

edit- not that i've done it yet to give you good advice tho, but how hard could it be....

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine are not painted....so i guess a little heat should do the trick...i'll try it tomorrow! thanks...i always get fast anwsers! :bowdown:

·
Registered
130 Posts
well, my previous inspection i thought they were painted on, but upon further inspection today, i was able to chip a little on the ends off, so i'm thinking maybe the are painted on with a latex or vinyl paint, i'm goign to try and get them off tomorrow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
lol, i can see myself keeping them if they were black, i have a awkward red car, with a baige and grey pin stripe, yeah, they gotta go.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I took mine off. If they have been on for a while, like a year, then there will be adhesive residue left over that you should take to a detail shop to have buffed off. I just peeled them off. Since they are vinyl, they break easily so be patient. You can use the sun or a hair dryer to make it easier. I used a clay bar afterwards too.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Be careful with the heat gun, they get ALOT hotter than a hair dryer! Bubbles in clear coat not good. Once the stripe is gone use Goof Off (available at Wal Mart) to get rid of the residue, and then wax on

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
seraph0503 said:
nope pinstripes are not painted on. let ur car sit in the sun then start at one end and peel them off. don't go too fast or u'll rip em tho.

edit- not that i've done it yet to give you good advice tho, but how hard could it be....
That is exactly how I did mine. Then I orbital buffed the arear. Pin stripes will leave a slight mark on the paint that you can see when very up close.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a clay bar so i will just use that....if there is anything left after that then i will have to go somewhere else.....i just dont like other people touching my paint....maybe its just me :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took mine off few months ago. Living in FL helps I guess( hot all year long). I didn't need anything to pilled off and just went over with soft cloth and it took all the marks off. Good Luck

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i used my fingernails and the sun...they came right off no prob....then i used meguirs quick detailer stuff to get rid of the residue...looks a lot better! thanks i even did my badges except the GT....i think that i'm going to put the elantra peice on the dash in the corner kinda like ilan....should look nice... :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts