Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm actually gonna do it, show my car (and get laughed at prob, since there's not even an Hyundai Class - but whatever). I'm going to pull my plates for the show, and have been looking for alternatives, these are my options right now:

A.

Chrome H logo affixed on a chorme plate. $30/each

B.

Plain Chorme Plate, with EXD etched glass logos (I have those) affixed to them. $15-20/each

C. Laser Etched H-logo on Chrome Plate. Can't find, but have seen them before.

Any comments, suggestions or other ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I say pull the plates and that's it...
The car looks cleaner without plates at shows. That's usually what I do. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about that, but I don't want those ugly holes in the front from the scews, or the ugly plastic square brackets in the rear. I think I'd like to just cover those up.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
I like the EXD idea, I just sucked up to the head of the Hyundai display at the auto show and got 2 from the display.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I say emblem plate, It might be kinda cool to have the emblem on the front and the KDM plate in the back Black w/ Silver writing.

·
Woohoo! No more payments
59 Posts
You could probably use those chrome license plate bolts that come with chrome bolt covers to cover the holes in the bumper. They usually have them in different colors too.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
I actually like the Hyundai plate! I agree those two holes in the front are an eye sore. I have a plate on mine, I think it looks good.

Yeah, definitely get the chrome bolts. My husband has a mirror license plate and has rusted bolts...very tacky. I have the chrome bolts....see pic below!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in a gay state that makes us have front plates. So, I have a plate there normally. I don't know about the ones with the badge attached anymore... kinda thinking it'll look funny having 2 badges so close together (one on the grille and then the one on the plate) same prob. in the rear. I really like those KDM ones, and might just go with those- doing a black plate with reflective chrome lettering. I have time to think though.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have to have a front plate on while driving, if I ever get my plates. It has been a month and no plates yet.

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
the mirror plate with the H logo will look good. I used that for a little while until I got pulled over. Stupid NY!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's what I ended up doing:

Also notice my freshly painted hood and eyelids. First pics since the repaint last week.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
clarion said:
looks good, you will blind all the other drivers tho
They're not for street use... show only. I have to have a front plate in Illinois.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts