Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know some of you have seen my car in the old forum but thought I would post in the new one too.

2001 Elantra VE

Appearance:
  • Clear side markers
  • Sentra Spec V 17" rims with 215/45ZR 17 Contis
  • Rear chome license plate cover from Carbonman
  • Chrome headlight washers
  • HID lighting from BMW 3 Series
  • Rear spoiler with 3rd brake light
  • 30% tint on rear windows

Engine mods:
  • Short ram air intake
  • Red painted spark plug cover
  • Engine ground kit mod

Suspension mods:
  • Shark Racing Front strut bar
  • Tibby rear sway bar and bushings

Interior mods:
  • Hyundai map lights and sunglasses storage
  • Alpine CDA 9897
  • Sony 4520 Amp
  • (2) Alpine Bass 10" subs
  • (2) Sony Xplode 6x9s
  • BROS white face gauges
  • Blue LED window switches
  • Chrome door handles from Carbonman
  • Custom Stainless Steel Door sills - fronts and rears

I think thats all the mods I'm doing for now..till some money drops on my head.. :D

Jason

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I don't know if I ever said it before but those rims are the shiznit! I love the way they look on our cars, what ever made you think of trying them on your car?

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've always loved the Spec V, I actually wanted one, but the dealership wouldnt give me much for my Elantra :(

I liked the wheels on them and I tried with a customer's car one time (engine overhaul so the car sat for awhile) and it fit..looked great!

Jason

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Yeah thats a super idea for the wheels...and I love the window LEDs!!!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
cool...your representin the Canadian XDs proper....good job!

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys!! I've read and thought about all the mods that are on Xd.com and picked the ones I really liked.

Carbon: Kinda sitting on that gauge pod. Not sure if I really want something poking near my head..:) I'm pretty tall..:) And kinda looking for some reverse blue gauges as well.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
No tint on the front and 30% on the back is the first that caught my eye........what's the legal limit there?? - maybe you can make it a little more even. Gauges and LED's are nice!

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here in Saskatchewan, you cant have the front windows tinted whatsover. Some people do it tho. I wish I can, I would put a slight tint to it.

With the rears, you can go as dark as you want..hey you can paint over the windows if you want..grin..

·
Registered
45 Posts
man i love that elantra...when i first scrolled down i was like what the hell it looks a lot like a sentra, then read that you had specV rims...

keep it up nice and clean man.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
Why didn't you hide the block heater plug when you took the pics? Otherwise, Nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Bright headlights indeed, looks great.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is one nice looking Elantra, would love to see it in person one day. When I pass through Regina I'll have to stop buy and look at this hot car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts