Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
Can someone help me I have an issue with my 02 elantra. The 2 days ago in the morning I wanted to turn the car on to go to school and it would not turn on. So I asked my neighbor for a jump. Ant the car started up fine on the first try. But ever since I got the jump the AIR BAG light on the instrument cluster has been on. Is there anyway to turn I off, or do I really have to take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it

IS THIS SOMETHING SERIOUS???????????

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
take it to the dealer....... its free and under warrenty, you dont want to mess with stuff like that. and dont mention about the jump unless they ask

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Well if the light came on AFTER the jump, I would put my money on an electrical problem. Unless it's just a coincidence that a seat connector came loose at the same time you were having battery problems... Either way, take it in to the dealer, it could be possible that the electrical problem (or jump) caused a short in the airbag 'computer'

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for everyones imput i took it to a dealer and they made make an appointment so i guess i'll find out wut it is next week

·
Registered
281 Posts
Most cars use the air bag light or a combo of the light blinking in some way to let you know something is wrong with the charging system. Normally it’s a Battery or an Alternator problem. If you have any kind of amp or fog light on the car and you’re not sure if your dealer ship is going to be an ass remove it. Also check the manual the car came with. I believe they have a code section in the book my moms Honda does.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Take it to the dealer. If it has anything to do with safety equiepment they have to fix it for free, no matter how old it is. The driver side seatbelt in my old Prelude stoped working after 190000 miles, and they put new ones in on both sides.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
go to the dealer! It wont matter if you tell them about the jump or not. They will warranty it! No problem I dont know why you guys always think that the dealer will find a way not to fix it. Warranty work is the best thing for them to do it is an easy pay job for the tech!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts