Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the pods finished and ready to be fiber glassed. what a pain in the ass, but it will be worth it in the end. here are a few pics of my progress. I will add more tomorrow night if possible, as well as a few more step by step pics. Hope you like!

·
Poster God
531 Posts
looking sweet, kinda large pod will it interfere with your leg or not just curious. and great job on the door panel cant wait to finish mine. almost there.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it doesnt look like there will be any interference with my leg room. I needed such a large pod for the direction that I wanted, also the magnet on my speaker is quite large so it needed lots of clearance.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok so it turns out that the pod will be just a little bit in the way, I finished fiberglassing and sanding, speaker sounds great in them, but I am going to redo the pods, they look like a big rock right now. I was using the MTX as a test fit, I am waiting for my Type X alpines to come in, cant wait!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Everytime I would get out of the car I would wind up kicking the damn thing. They look like there going to be great. How do they image? Have you noticed in loss in the bass with them sealed like that?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a 2" port in the back of each pod, so there is no bass loss, and they sound amazing, better than I tought they would. I will be getting a start on my second pair this weekend. Perhaps the first set would be good for the back doors???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty cool!! BUt they do seem a bit large for my taste, but still sick as hell. But I'm really feeling they way your door looks, great colors!! NOW THATS HOT! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts