1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You'll sleep better at night and think better of society if you don't.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Hell No! I'm not gonna sit in the back of a police car on purpose! I doubt you could even sign a release form with your hands behind your back

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
I have friends with the police, I've been meaning to do a ride along with him.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
You should do it James, gave me a whole new view of life. I rode with a Houston PD officer. I did it quite a few times and still remember the things I saw and did with him. Including seeing a stabbing that hit a main artery, the trail of blood is nothing like the movies.

Hell No! I'm not gonna sit in the back of a police car on purpose! I doubt you could even sign a release form with your hands behind your back
When I did it I didn't sit in the back, you sit in the passenger's seat.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Carpe Noctum
2,462 Posts
It used to be part of my job as a BLM Firefighter to do ride-alongs with the Rangers. It had it's moments, but no big deal.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
no big deal until your in a shootout like that one in LA when those dudes had m16's, i'd rather ride with a firefighter than a cop

·
Registered
575 Posts
These are actual quotes taken from Mayor Marion Barry, of Washington, D.C.

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

:D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've done a ride-a-long with the California Highway Patrol, it was freaking awesome.

We pulled over a Tib for doing 100+ mph. lol

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Marion Barry is a DC legend. Who else is mayor, then gets put in prison on drug charges, then comes back and gets elected mayor again, and now he is on the city council and doesn't pay his taxes. OG for sure. Hah.

Fire ride along sounds good to, time to look into that.
im 2nd generation fire fighter. a ride along is nothing more than false alarms and cats stuck in trees in leesburg. very rarely do we ever do anything other than working bingo and cleaning hoses

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I did a summer stint with the Calgary Police out of high school.
On one occasion I was in on a sting on a stolen car parked at the hospital. We wanted to catch the dude, so I let the air out of two opposing tires and we waited in the cruiser behind some bushes until he came out.
On another occasion I was with the accident reconstruction when a semi took out a cyclist. I got to see nice skin marks left on the truck.
Yet on another occasion we worked the drinking/driving checkstop. One dude didn't want to stop and cops smashed his window with a maglite and dragged him out.
It was a good summer job... wouldn't want to do it full time, but eye opening as a young adult at the time.

·
Platinum Member #1
2,010 Posts
I did a summer stint with the Calgary Police out of high school.
On one occasion I was in on a sting on a stolen car parked at the hospital. We wanted to catch the dude, so I let the air out of two opposing tires and we waited in the cruiser behind some bushes until he came out.
On another occasion I was with the accident reconstruction when a semi took out a cyclist. I got to see nice skin marks left on the truck.
Yet on another occasion we worked the drinking/driving checkstop. One dude didn't want to stop and cops smashed his window with a maglite and dragged him out.
It was a good summer job... wouldn't want to do it full time, but eye opening as a young adult at the time.
thats sweet!

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
wow... now i wanna find out if the cops around here do this... but then theyd prolly arrest me when they see me/my car :p hehehe :D

·
Carpe Noctum
2,462 Posts
no big deal until your in a shootout like that one in LA when those dudes had m16's, i'd rather ride with a firefighter than a cop
I don't think they'd dispatch a ride-along unit to a shootout.

Doing ride-alongs with the Ranger, he'd unlock the shotgun and Mini-14 anytime we stopped a car with more than one occupant. He'd tell me, "If the s**t hits the fan, do what you need to to stay alive".

As a Firefighter, I was also an EMT. You haven't lived until you've done "parts patrol" with a Hefty trash bag.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
when i bumped someone in a parking lot at ~2-3 mph and the guy made a big deal of it a couple weeks later (i offered him a check to the body shop and himself to fix the car, but he just wanted cash and i said no), i contacted one of the cops on our local forum.

ended up meeting with him to get a couple things done, and asked him about a ride along. he usually works nights, like 6pm-6am or something...he said if i ever wanted to go along one night to just let him know. he only works i think thurs-sun, and the area he watches over, he knows which bars have the most drinkers for that night...said he usually gets 2-3 DUI's a night.

i would LOVE to be there for one of those. if there was 2-3, i would giggle all night

once i get moved and have a weekend off that i can waste away a whole night and next day to sleep, im gonna do it.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
As a Firefighter, I was also an EMT. You haven't lived until you've done "parts patrol" with a Hefty trash bag.
Yeah, I missed that part... ;)
although when I was in university, a friend who was doing pre-med worked for a summer in the medical examiner's office as the assistant body-bag unloader. He once had to get a severed foot out of it's sneaker. yick...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts