Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats up with this?
i get this ad with NO close box.
So basically i just cant read whats under it, period. It only shows up on the Homepage too, not in any other places.

i only get it in chrome, i dont see it in FF, and i did disable adblock and checked again too. I also closed and reopened chrome a few times and its consistent.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im liking chrome less and less due to BS like this..
i only get it on chrome. no other browsers show it, chrome v 7.0.517.41

and its totally consistent too, don't get it on other sites or pages, just there on the home page for exd.
something has got to be triggering the thing...

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
What OS are you using? 32 or 64 bit?

Also, update Chrome. v. 8 is out.

·
Smilin' Pooper Scooper
152 Posts
that's weird. I only use Chrome at home (Windows 7) and at work (Windows 2000) and have never had that happen either. I've got version 7.0.517.44. But Chrome is telling me it's up to date.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have had that issue too, but not ever with Chrome. I only get that issue when I am using skyfire on my PDA. Once I log in or go away from the home page the problem is gone.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, im not the only one, thats good then.
i was starting to think that my chrome was just fked
to update chrome i do have to dload the offline installer though, the auto-installer has never worked for me at work.
i think my firewall is blocking it, i unblocked the updater exe, but i think something is still blocking it...
anyway, ill update and see if the thing is still there

---------- Post added 11-11-2010 at 10:24 AM ----------

Chrome. v. 8 is out.

im on 64bit

also v7 is current according to google, maybe you are using a beta?
i ran the chrome updater through the site, and then dloaded the latest offline installer, its still for v7

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
All this nerd talk is giving me a headache.

Lol I'm kidding. I hope those of you who are having problems gets them worked out.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
All this nerd talk is giving me a headache.

Lol I'm kidding. I hope those of you who are having problems gets them worked out.
i guess were slightly OT at this point, talking about browser versions and not the actual issue, but its Sort Of relevant lol
as james said hes seen the issue on other browsers, so hopefully next update he can figure out whats causing it and nuke it

---------- Post added 11-11-2010 at 12:41 PM ----------

Wait!?
Yeah, right. Its an "accident" OK James.. Suuuure it is :D
you know one of the most common ways to close a window that no X box is to actually click on it. and since james gets paid per click, hes leaving it right there blocking the Text.
i know i definitely tried clicking on it to make it go away..

I'm on to you Mr. SuperGLS!

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
Didn't your mom ever teach you not to click on ads?

This is what I do to my ads:
View attachment 14502

It is being wrapped by two ins tags that have positioning styles. Try removing both of those and see if it fixes it. Something in the way it executes. Firefox fixes most common html syntax errors, so chrome, IE, safari would not correct it if there's an error in the code.

Code:
<center><script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-1280699256078833";
/* 728x90, created 7/7/08 */
google_ad_slot = "1658951391";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script><script src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/expansion_embed.js"></script><script src="http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/test_domain.js"></script><script>google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);</script><ins style="display: inline-table; border: medium none; height: 90px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 728px;"><ins id="google_ads_frame1_anchor" style="display: block; border: medium none; height: 90px; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 728px;">[MEDIA=youtube]doubleclick[/MEDIA]</ins></ins></center>

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Whoa! I went from having a headache to being straight up confused. Some of you guy's are ridiculous with this computer crap. Lolz. Where do you people learn all of this from?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I won't pretend to be all knowing on the web design front. What I do know is that within vBulletin there are selected ad locations that you simply put the adsense code into. That's what I've done. The only place on the forums that have ads currently is in the footer template. The only place there is a problem is on the home page (and in some browsers only). I do understand the CENTER coding is a bit antiquated, but for the most part it does the job that it needs to do. Why the ad on the Home page magically jumps from the footer all the way up to the top under the navbar I don't know.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts