Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..by a grain truck trying to leave Walmart in Brownsburg. Guy pulls out, gets stuck in the intersection then backs up 10 feet and up on the hood.... with the wife AND the car behind both blaring their horns. Then the guy drives off. Wife had to chase him down and caught up with him right before the Ronald Reagan exit on I-74.

Damage isn't bad, wife was more pissed than anything else. But probably not quite as pissed as I am still. 8 and a half years of trying to keep a car nice only to have some asshat that can't ****ing drive run over your **** with no where to go. If I see that Mercedes commercial one more time where the driver was clueless but "the car" wasn't I might scream....

Pics:

Needs a hood, grille, both headlights have DEEP scratches and the bumperis scuffed up and will at the very least need repair and paint. I'm going to get an estimate today, but I'm figuring $1500.

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
F*ck the car, is she ok?
Hmmm.....
.... Wife had to chase him down and caught up with him right before the Ronald Reagan exit on I-74.

Damage isn't bad, wife was more pissed than anything else....
I'm guessing she is okay at least physically. Plus, looking at the damage, it doesn't appear to have been a violent hit.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Yeah, having your car ruined by an idiot is infuriating. I had to sit in the car while the GF got the info from the lady that backed into me. I would have killed the ***** otherwise. As it was I hit her driver side window hard enough to knock it off track.

Glad it was only cosmetic damage, Bob. Sucks to have it as a part of the pig's history though.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I hade all four hyundai's get hit. the tiburon had both fenders hit and run in a parking lot. The back oem bumper hit, the back cuda 2 bumber hit and run, the front cuda air dam kicked or something and then it was t-boned for 12k in damage and it was still tip top when i traded it.
the 01 had prior to ownership damage. The 06 gls new sedan was t-boned for 8k in damage and the 06 GT brand new had a dent in the door by me, out of stupidity.

sucks bob. sorry to hear it. Its one of those things that, even if it's fixed perfectly, you still know it's not factory fresh.
you should take the check and get the KDM chrome headlights.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife was still mad last night. I was madder.

I will have to put off the estimate until tomorrow, had to bring the truck in to get rid of the scrap from the last project.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Call the cops and get the douche for hit and run too... make him PAY!!!!

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She'll get a new hood and the paint fixed, a pair of stock lights. Nothing other than stock. CAr is an old DD.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
bah I say eff the xd keep it dd as is and put the insurance money into the vette!!!!!

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, it's our "nice car" and I won't be able to take the hood being ****ed up everytime I see it. But where I work, knowing who I know and the people I deal with on a daily basis I can get it fixed for a VERY "resonable" price. The extra will go into the vette.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope. They are paying you for the damages caused by THEIR customer. What you do with that money is irrelevant. Fraud would be if we made up a story about what happened and caused our own damages to get money from them. THEIR insuree caused damage to MY vehicle. They owe us the money for the damages they caused. Remember, this isn't Canada where wiping your *** the wrong way is illegal and immoral.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
thats what they get paid for. to cover the value of damages to your vehicle. Now, if you willingly cause damages to your vehicle, such as slamming your brakes to get hit from behind, then yes.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
That sucks Bob.

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
Nope. They are paying you for the damages caused by THEIR customer. What you do with that money is irrelevant. Fraud would be if we made up a story about what happened and caused our own damages to get money from them. THEIR insuree caused damage to MY vehicle. They owe us the money for the damages they caused. Remember, this isn't Canada where wiping your *** the wrong way is illegal and immoral.
There are more people incarcerated in the USA than Canada, if you scale the population ratio down.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whatever. Do you see any "give a ****" in my eyes? Nope. But before you start calling people thieves you should know what it is you;re talking about.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts