Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now I remember why I had you on iggy. Not sure why I ever yook you off..... problem fixed.

First estimate in. $2216.46

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah... KBB Retail is $4100, private party resale is $2800 and trade in is $1400. Now I have to keep the *******s from trying to total it out and giving me **** for it.

I just ran an autotrader search and there's noting within 100 miles of me less than $3250. Most are in the 4-5k range. thankfully.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Take the money, buy it back for your deductible cost, and fix it then use the money leftover on the vette.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's not my insurance company.... it's the dude that hit us. With my estimates in hand, and resale research (none within 100 miles forsale for less than $3200 for a rough one), they will be cutting me a check. Hood for me is less than $280 with tax and about $250 to paint and blend.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You're lucky on the color. Gloss white is one of the cheaper colors to have blended. If your car was metallic, they'd have to paint all the way into the doors to get a good blend.

I think parts & labor with your connections, you should be able to get this done for under a grand. That leaves you with a $1,200 fee for the hassle.

When my wife got hit, the other guy's insurance wouldn't write ME a check. I could take it wherever I wanted, and the insurance covered everything 100% - but they would not give me the check.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i'M LOOKING AT $5-600 tops. With an oem hood.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Second estimate was $1746... not good enough. getting a thrid this afternoon.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts