Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been wanting to take out my Beta engine for a while and after doing a little research into elantra swaps this is what I've found out:

2.7 V6 Delta:
Crappy Gas Mileage
Crappy HP Increase
Crappy Engine
Not Worth it

Theta 2.0T:
Great Engine
Great HP Increase
Crappy Install
Not Worth It

4G63T:
Great Engine
Great HP Increase
Easy Bolt Up
Some decent Modifications needed
Maybe worth it.

So it looks like the 4G63 Turbo is the one Im going to go for. Anyone have any input on this. Is it worth it? What do you think I should know before getting into it?

·
lag, lag, lag, bye.
1,309 Posts
Now, which 4G63 are we talking about? The DSM/GVR4/Early Evo 4G63, or the one found on Evo 4-9's? The Elantra and the Evo 4-9 share the same layout. In other words the engine is on the passenger side, with the transmission on the driver side. 4G63's found in early model cars were backwards, the engine is in front of the driver with the tranny on the passenger side.

I could see the newer Evo 4G63 swap being easier than the early model. However, is it worth the work? I remember seeing a Youtube video with a guy that put the 4G out of a newer Evo in his XD. Other than that, it's all old generation Elantra's that came factory with the Mitsu engines that are swapped.

I can however, tell you that the 4G63 is one hell of an engine.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
do a k20 swap n call it a day.

all u need is to figure out the electrical, cv shafts, and have custom motor mounts made.

then do an intake, exhaust, n like a nice set of cams, n then **** of 95% of the **** thats out there.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
the beta is a fine engine. i will argue that the beta 1 was a more effective motor. less agressive cams, same output. but the best solution is BOOST the beta. and engin swap in an economy car is silly. putting a 350 block is a 240 is fine. but it is an economy car. honda has layouts that make swaps easy. the elantra is not worth it. you will put thousand and thousands into a swap and then you are still going to want more power. so then throw several grand into boosting an engine that wasnt meant to go into the car in the first place and that is just silly. hundreds of people have boosted the beta with great outcomes. boost the beta and you will be happy

·
lag, lag, lag, bye.
1,309 Posts
Agreed. It wouldn't be easy or cheap by any means.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts