Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
[ExD] V.C King
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup guys, recently I added AG springs to my 06 Gt Hatch. Looks cool etc.. but Im really tired with my stock alloy's and want new rims but since im a lazy 18 year old I have no job and dont want to drop 500 on some rims, so has anyone on ExD either powder coated their rims or sprayed them black? If you did please post a pic so I can get an idea of what to expect. Thanks =D

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
where in cali are you? have you looked in craigslist for some used rims, you can always find some good deals there for cheap.

by the way, Welcome to EXD. its nice to see another Cali member.

·
faster than a honduh
1,483 Posts
Whatsup guys, recently I added AG springs to my 06 Gt Hatch. Looks cool etc.. but Im really tired with my stock alloy's and want new rims but since im a lazy 18 year old I have no job and dont want to drop 500 on some rims, so has anyone on ExD either powder coated their rims or sprayed them black? If you did please post a pic so I can get an idea of what to expect. Thanks =D
i painted my old wheels, not gt alloys though, just sand them alot, prime em with some self etching primer (comes in green can) wet sand/sand some more, prime again, repeat, let stand, wipe down any dust and **** with rag and micefiber towell, use duplicolor WHEEL paint, get about 4 cans of base and 4 of clear (if you want glossy finish) get 2 if you want a matte finish on the clear coat, same process as priming, sand, paint, sand, paint. takes lots of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts