Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Im new this website and am looking to get some advice. I bought my 04 Elantra GT in march and absolutely love it as a fist car (fully loaded :D ). Lately, when Im pulling out of my driveway to go to college in the morning, my car squeeks really loudly for about 5 seconds, then again when I take my first corner. after that its fine (I think because its warmed up a bit). This also happens when I turn my wheels max left or right, both when Im driving or stationary. I can't figure out if its my rack and pinion or my power steering belt. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! I took a closer look at my power steering belt and everything seems to be okay there, belt doesnt look worn badly and tension seems right. Anything else I should be looking at there? Also my fluid is at a good level.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have same problem replaced belt and pump. Its the rack in pinion for some reason fluid flow interupted causes pulley to freeze bely beeps spinning causing squeel
it realy anoying and random ohio 329.00 rack+install looking around 8 or 900.00 installed unless you can do it. I am going through exact csame thing o3 alantra gt

·
Registered
421 Posts
Checkbyour belt tension and make sure the bolts on alternator, pwr steering and a/c tensioner are nice n tight. V belts should only twist at 1/4 turn. (Check owners manual or youtube for proper belt tensioning)
It could be any belt, even if turning the wheel causes the belt squeel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts