Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, the thing is i have underglows and under dash lights and with my amazing wiring expertise i wired them into my car, via putting the hot wire into an existing fuse hole and the proceeding to reinstall the fuse, and ta-da, god said let there be light. I would really like to be able to wire these properly into the fuse box so that i can have a little more peace of mind that I'm not going to screw up my car. if anyone has some advice/reference material that would be lovely.

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
You have to remove the entire fuse box. Not out the car, just unbolt and let it dangle under the dash so you can access the rear easy. The fuse box is normally two pieces of plastic you will have to separate, should be a few snap clips on each side.

Most of the time the extra blank holes don't even have the fuse contacts inside of it, so it's not like you can just plug any wire into it. There's a special contact that gets crimped to the end of a wire and then it snaps into the back of the fuse box where the hole for the fuse is.

You can goto a junkyard and find an Elantra. I bet they would let you get the fuse box for real cheap and you can play around with that figuring out how to open it and you can get some connectors out of it that are needed to make contact with the fuse.

Here is an example of a fuse box with the back removed: From this example you can get battery power from the large nut with the yellow/red top left. And bottom that blue wire with the red strip. You need the metal connector that is on the end of that wire. So you need to remove two wires simular to that from a used fuse box, so that you can add it to the empty holes in yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts