Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with some friend last night that hadn't seen my car yet. They were very impressed with it. I was good to hear the props from people that arn't involved with them, and one of them just bought a Matrix.

They were really supprised when I said that the Sterio & Gauges were stock :)
 

·
Poster God
Joined
·
531 Posts
well that good, its nice to hear complements on our car since the got such a bad rap in the past, and the movie was sweet dude
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,223 Posts
I almost bought a Matrix before the XD... glad I didn't. I seem to remember those things being uber-slow.
 

·
Countersteer forever
Joined
·
2,962 Posts
hyunelan2 said:
I almost bought a Matrix before the XD... glad I didn't. I seem to remember those things being uber-slow.
Yeah, it wasn't so hot. I drove one and some old lady in her Lexus ran into me during my test drive. It seemed to be a nicely built car but overall it didn't justify the cost and doesn't look as nice as the XD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SWortham said:
some old lady in her Lexus ran into me during my test drive.
:abovelol:

That must have been......uhh.......fun?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
hyunelan2 said:
I seem to remember those things being uber-slow.
Remember, the Matrix (Aka. Pontiac Vibe) comes with 2 different engines. The 1ZZ in the base model is pretty sluggish due to extremely low torque, but the Matrix XRS / Vibe GT has the 2ZZ-GE, which is supercharged and performs wonderfully. Hell, Lotus is using it in the Elise now:

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/thecar/engine/toyota.html

Just thought I'd share. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I had 40k to through around I'd get an Elise, it'd be really fun on the twisties.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
Funny reading about people getting compliments on their xd's. Today, I got one. But it was followed with a "What does Avante XD mean". So I had to go into the whole Korean and U.S. market thing. Turns out he drives an '01 4 dr elantra and didn't even know they came in 5 dr models, they weren't out when he bought his. He liked mine so much that he said he wants to trade his in for one. So I then of course told him about the site. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Rixation said:
The 1ZZ in the base model is pretty sluggish due to extremely low torque, but the Matrix XRS / Vibe GT has the 2ZZ-GE, which is supercharged and performs wonderfully.
Rix, c'mon man! You should know better than that. You have that car in the family!
Supercharger is available for a base engine as an option. The engine in XRS/GT is not supercharged. And it doesn't have that much more torque than the base engine (125 vs 127).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I told my fiance' that I was getting it she did the same thing, "Why do you want a Hyuandi?" Arn't tey really bad.
It' didn't take much convincing to show hew how far htey came
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
BlueGT said:
Rix, c'mon man! You should know better than that. You have that car in the family!
Supercharger is available for a base engine as an option. The engine in XRS/GT is not supercharged. And it doesn't have that much more torque than the base engine (125 vs 127).
Sorry, should've been more clear. You're right, the TRD supercharger is available as an option on the 1ZZ-FE (base models), but I was referring to the Eaton SC that's only available on the "sport package" (which really turns the GT into the GT-R but that's another story) for the 2ZZ-GE that gives you 183 hp, 170 ft. lb. and only costs $2k. Go to genvibe.com to read up on it, I don't feel like hunting for the exact link. ;)

Anyway, this isn't a thread about Toyota engines, it's about Elantra props. Sorry for the hijack. :tongue:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top