Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when u guys removed ur GT badge...did it leave like a really minor imprint of where it used to be? i recently put on the korean badges and had the Hyundai and Elantra badges taken off...but u could still see like where the letters were...but its not noticable now cuz the new badges cover them up...so did ur badges left imprints?..or do i just have to clean off the area where the badge wuz better :confused:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
What you have to do is heat them up with a heat gun while removing them. Then once you get them off, clean off any left over sticky stuff with some paint thinner or prep solvent and just clean the arear around where they were. Once this is done, high speed buff, then orbital buff the area you removed the badges from and there should be no signs at all of prior badges unless you scratched the paint with the screw driver while removing them.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i took a plastic scraper and some bug/tar remover. i wet the area down with the remover then i slowly scraped them off. once they were off i used a rag and the remover and rubbed them clean. no imprints for me. didn't need to buff or anything. just did a good washing the next day and now you can't tell.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The imprint is a result of embedded contaminants. You can easily get it off with a clay bar. Orbitals and polishers will also work, but it's always best to use the least aggressive solution as possible ;0)

·
Registered
56 Posts
a little wd40 to loosen things up and I was able to pull them off. Some wax and you can't tell they were ever their. I have no emblems at all on the back and you still can't tell.

·
Registered
883 Posts
wdsfr said:
a little wd40 to loosen things up and I was able to pull them off. Some wax and you can't tell they were ever their. I have no emblems at all on the back and you still can't tell.
I used heat gun to remove emblems, wd40 to remove adhesive, meguiars cleaner wax & orbital buffer to clean up. Still had the imprints. I guess I need one o dem high speed buffers.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Imprinting is different than residue left behind though. There might have been some kind of dirt trapped between the badge and the paint to do that. Or whoever put them on at the factory pressed a little too hard. Clay bar it and see if it gets that out. Do you feel bumps or dents when you run your fingers across it.....bumps is residue, dents well, are minor dents or imprints.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Goo gone, fishing line and a hair dryer work really well.

I took mine off my car, and even without waxing, it looked flawless.

Of course, I took the badges off as soon as I got back from the dealership with it...

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
i took mine off...i used the sun...but i still have some residue...i tried my clay bar but maybe i didnt do it for long enough...dotn know i'm gonna take a razor to it! and see if that works

1 - 16 of 16 Posts