Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Robert how does that supertrapp sound? Also, did you EVER get any pics of the back of that box? If I could build something like that, I'd be posting more pics of it that's for sure!
Sorry, I haven't, still on my list of things to do.

I love the sound of the supertrapp.

i like it, except that muffler tip? the rims seem really big for some reason.

kdm fogs and window tint would be great, and the correct grill.

wat size rims/tires? and what springs?
Already have 20 percent tint all the way around, I think I will stay with that. It just looks light in some of the pics because of the angle of the sun (sun was going down and shining into the front window). Grill is a carbonman grill, I like it, although in some of those pics it does look weird.

Rims: 17" ADR DV-8s
Tires: Wanli's 205/40/17s
Springs: Apex

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=896&postcount=4

I've always admired your car, especially the SuperTrapp muffler, brand new looking paint, and your low mileage. Too bad we could never work out meeting up so I could have seen your ride in person.

Great job so far, though, it's certainly taken you long enough to get around to installing those springs :D
Thanks...

It only took me 3+ years, and I still have the front lip kit to install, but I have only had that for a little over 2 years....hahaha

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Yup, a GT grille, it is not flat on the bottom. I will try to get some different angle pics in the next couple of days. Although it does look like it is not setting right, I wonder if I 'tweaked it' when I was working on the car.

and teh muffler pete, its long because its amde for bikes ;]
Not necessarily. They do make supertrapps for bikes, but if memory serves me they were originally made for mustangs and such.

it's cuz you've only been around since like '90 or some ****, there were things that happened before you came on the scene lol

nice, i wonder how the supertrapps sounds on a elantra.
And nice sub box concept!

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
Muffler is definitely for a car, I bought it thru Summit a few years ago. They do make them for bikes too. It is one of the very few that are adjustable, you can take out or put in diffuser discs for either more back pressure or less back pressure. And my first car was a '74 dodge colt. I did have a '76 Trans Am and an '82 Mustang GT among other cars that I have owned.

I like the way the muffler sounds, if I knew how to make a sound clip of it I would.....hmm, I will try to video it with my cell phone, that would also add sound. Although I never really like uploading stuff like that because the sound is not true, it is based on the speakers you have on your pc.

for the newer folks out there.... tweaked = "****in broke it" :D
I hope it is not broke, but more just bent out instead of down.

Car looks great! 100 times better lowered. I don't really like how the muffler looks like it's just hanging there though. It just kinda looks out of place. IMO it would look better if the bumper were notched and muffler were placed right at the notch.

well being it's taken like 3 years for him to put the springs on, I'm sure notching the bumper will come in another 5 years when the fasteners rust out, the bumper falls down, and it "notches" itself lol

Discussion starter · #39 ·
hey rockz, where did u buy ur rear spoiler? i have been looking for one for a long time now.. cant seem to find one in europe :S
Factory spoiler, came with the car.

well being it's taken like 3 years for him to put the springs on, I'm sure notching the bumper will come in another 5 years when the fasteners rust out, the bumper falls down, and it "notches" itself lol
DING DING DING, we have a winner. Hahaha. Not sure if I would want to notch it, but I might.

^ No, don't notch it. It's been that way for years, and never fallen off. I'd say you've got a good thing going (this is coming from a guy who has had mufflers, 5 of them, fall off his '05).

If you do ever get a chance to capture sound, I'd like to give it a listen. I've been pretty interested in hearing what a SuperTrapp sounds like on a car. On the Discovery channel, they had the inventor of the SuperTrapp on a particular episode, and were originally designed for bikes. After selling the concept and company for $4 million dollars, the new owners began doing them for cars.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.