Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old SKooler
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so everyone knows....RDT is closing down and merging with HA. We will be forming one big SUPER forum, and this will be a VERY good thing for the community in general....not just Tib owners. I would also like to announce that there will be ANOTHER forum closing down later this year and they will also be merging with HA as well. However, due to respect to the owners of the other forum....they have asked me not to say anything just yet until the time comes. So stay tuned for that notice in a couple of months. Here's the following thread about RDT that was created on both sites:

------------------------------------------------
What is happening:
Effective July 16th, RDTiburon.com is merging with HyundaiAftermarket.org.
The unanimous opinion of the RDTiburon.com staff is that this is a Good Thing for the online Hyundai tuning community. This will be as seamless a transition as possible, and your user experience at HyundaiAftermarket.org will be largely the same as it has been at RDTiburon.com. The members and most of the staff from RDTiburon.com will retain their current status; we'll just be adding ourselves on to the HyundaiAftermarket.org community that already exists. Many of you are already part of both websites, and there will be no noticeable change at all for those members.

All RDTiburon.com threads and user profiles will be moved. The information we have worked to ac***ulate here together will not be lost.

Why is this happening?
It seems inevitable that a model-specific car forum targeting a car that is 9-15 years old will not last forever. We want to maintain the wealth of knowledge we have in our forum and ensure that it continues to grow, and that we can continue to educate each other.
RDTiburon.com has been shrinking, as long-time members have noticed already. We have much less traffic here than we used to.
Activity at HyundaiAftermarket.com has continued to increase (see statistics below).

Why such a sudden change?
This has been in the planning stages for weeks, and it has been discussed for years. The only thing sudden about this will be the changeover, which will happen July 16th.
The timing of the change was chosen to coincide with the end of the Car of the Month competition. The winner this month will have the distinction of being the Last-Ever RDTiburon.com Car of the Month.

What we ask of you:
Continue to contribute to the online Hyundai tuning community. We are not going away, we are merging with another site, www.HyundaiAftermarket.org. With the convergence of minds into one location we will be able to become a stronger community.
Have patience. We will be completing the transition over a weekend, and both sites will be down temporarily. This should hopefully take only a few hours. After completion of the merger, all RDTiburon.com threads will be locked and archived, available for searching and reminiscing.
Be respectful. We will be newcomers to HyundaiAftermarket.org. Consider the reverse scenario of RDTiburon.com taking on another forum: we would be welcoming and encouraging to the new members. It is expected that the HyundaiAftermarket.org members will be welcoming and encouraging to all of us. We are all going to be peers and equals with the existing members at HyundaiAftermaket.org. The site staff will be keeping an eye out, because we will want to squash any turf wars that may arise. Don't act like you run the place.

Staff and Forum Environment:
We are aware that a few RDTiburon.com members do not care for some of the site staff. In the past, we have been more strict than some members would like. At the time, it was required to keep the peace and to prevent a very few bad apples from tearing the community apart. The problems that happened here, did not happen at HyundaiAftermarket.org. That being said, Visionz (who runs HyundaiAftermarket.org) has generously offered to take on some of the RDTiburon.com staff after the transition. HOWEVER, we will do our best to conform to the HyundaiAftermarket.org atmosphere, attitude, and way of doing things. The "laid back" approach at HyundaiAftermarket.org has been conducive to a larger number of threads, while keeping discussions on a mature level. When the RD was a new car platform, it was targeted towards a younger driver, and we had to be a little more on top of things to maintain order on this forum. Now that most of us have grown up, we can all be mature and handle ourselves appropriately without site staff waving the "ban" stick over our heads.

For those who doubt the difference in activity level, below are some statistics from HyundaiAfermarket.org. They exceed the stats from RDTiburon.com by a fairly wide margin. With the combination of our two forums, we will be creating a single forum more active than either one separately.

- Over 1,000 registered members online per day (plus anonymous guests)
- 20 - 40 new THREADS created per day
- 150 - 200 new POSTS per day
- 40 - 50 members online at any given time
- On average 12,000 UNIQUE visitors on a monthly basis
- On average 5 - 10 new registered members per day

If you are registered under a different username at HyundaiAftermarket.org, please contact one of the RDTiburon.com site staff as soon as possible to make the merger go more smoothly. If you are not currently registered at HyundaiAftermarket.org, PLEASE DO NOT register there. You will be registered automatically when the merger is complete. Thank you all in advance for your patience and understanding during what we hope will be a painless transition.

We are not going away. We are getting bigger.

·
Old SKooler
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah....it wont be too hard merging RDT's database into HA since they're both IPB. However, the other site thats closing and merging with us is vBulletin and is VERY large in size. So that will take a little more involvement.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
^ i was gona say that same forum since its run by the vBulletin as far as i know

·
Old SKooler
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a quick bump....tomorrow is the day that RDT shuts down and the merge happens. Both forums will be down for a few hours while the merge is taking place.

Also, the 2nd forum that will be closing down and merging with us, will be in October of this year. I cant say who it is as the owner has asked me not to say anything yet, but the announcement will be said later this year.

We also are going to be bringing on new staff. The forum see's so much activity and an insane amount of members registering and posting, that additional staff is big on the priority list. RDT staff will have first choice of forums to moderate since they are moving over from RDT.

RDT will be locked and registration will be removed. All members, posts, threads, and profile info will be merged in with HA, so nothing will be lost. If there are any questions....definitely let me know. Thanks for having patience during the downtime tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I don't think I've ever actually checked out HA. I'll have a look and maybe I'll register.

OP let us know what the other site is when the announcement is made please.

·
Old SKooler
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I definitely will! :) I'm hoping we drive alot of traffic to you guys as well. We have a small banner on the main site to here, and with us getting over 13,000 UNIQUE visits per month....its gotta bring a few people this way. Do you guys have analytics here to see where your traffic is coming from?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts