Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally decided to do long-awaited fuel filter change today, but encountered an obstacle to remove rear seat. I have '03 gls. I reviewed HMA website and DIY fuel filter change, as well as DIY seat removal before I started. I removed side seat backs, but I could not remove the seat coushion. The pictures show two bolts under the seat bottom, but I can see only hooks and nothing else. I can see bolts between the seat backs (I have split seat backs) and seat coushions. Also a couple of hooks. I once removed the rear seats several years ago to replace seat belts, but now I forgot.
I would appreciate a help to remove rear seat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If there are no bolts holding those hooks at the back (which there wasn't on mine), grasp the bottom lip on the front of the seat and pull upwards sharply there are strong clips holding the seat down don't worry they are not really breakable clips they slide right out

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Paddy. I looked at the picture at HMS website carefully. It looks like I have to remove the bolts in the back of the seat cushion first and then push the cushion to the back and pull up to disengage the hooks at the bottom. I will try this method this weekend again, weather permitting.
How's the weather like in Down Under? I was in Australia in 1990's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1379711447586.jpg
No problem , weather here is lovely, whoever had my car before me was too lazy to put those bolts back in so I don't have any, just abit of advice. ..you're best doing it while your fuel is run low or you get completely overwhelmed by fuel vapors and unless your new fuel filter comes with rubber grommets and o-rings you need to keep the old ones and transfer them in exactly the same order to the new one (important).I moved to Australia from the uk when I was 16 I'm now 22 I love it here :) were you over here living or for holiday?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow! It looks so nice down there. I was afraid of working with gasoline and I have procrastinated it for too long time. Now I reached a point I cannot delay any more. It is raining now, so I don't think I can change fuel filter this weekend. I will post a pic of my fuel filter after I finish.
I resided in Sidney area for about a year for studying at a graduate school. It was long before you arrived in Australia. The weather there was terrific and fantastic and Aussies were nice and friendly. I miss Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts