Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of starting on suspension work before i even think of jumping back into the performance field, Question.. what should i go with first Neotech 1.2' lowering springs, Rear Sway Bar, or a Neotech front member brace? Also where can i get a cheap new sway bar, and can a tiburon sway bar fit my 08 Elantra HD? :confused:

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts
Take a look for Vex on here he did a upgrade on his HD for the rear swaybar. If the HD is like the XD/XD2 then i would say do the swaybar then springs most say front strutbar dont do much. But most people still wind up getting a front strut bar it realy depends on how hard you push the car or if you autocross.

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
Thanks for the rep Songee!

Never heard of Neotech...and not sure how much they are, but you can get new H&R springs for the HD for under $200 (that's all 4 springs). As for the rear swa bar, the HDs are different than the xd/xd2 with the tibby swap...Tib sway bars may work, but I know for sure that the Elantra Touring sway bar fits the sedan just right and is a 3-4mm thickness upgrade. I have to look on my home computer to see what site I bought mine from..it ran me less than $100 shipped to my door. I just bought an Ultra Racing front strut bar and there's definitely a difference in driving...Kinda strange at first, but you get use to it. It ran me $142 shipped...got it off UR on Ebay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW thanks alot guys this forum kicks ***!!! yeah the neotech are some offbrand from sharkracing plus the springs were 340 and the front strut was 110 so im def. gonna go with the H&R springs and the touring sway. as far as the front strut ive heard if you have cruise control (which i have) you first have to relocate it because the strut wont fit and i dont think im up for that. what do you think vex

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
I also have cruise control...and I have ZERO clearance issues. $110 for the front strut bar sounds good...I'll have to look them up. The UR strut bar isn't flat like alot of the other bars...it's bent up toward the hood a bit...so maybe that's why I don't have any clearance issues...

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?40706-It-must-be-christmas....

Check post #17

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay awesome awesome.. also i looked up the H&R springs the lowest i found them for is $226. so if you have a link for um for 200 that would great also in your picture album, the pic of the side of your car is that stock or with the H&Rs?

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
Actually, I was mistaken. The one's I found were $261....looks like you found the sheapest so far...schaweeet! I don't have lowering springs (yet)...it's stock. My wheels and tires are stock as well. That's kinda why I've been waiting to get springs...cuz it looks decent stock...I might just get the rims (17's to keep some sidewall for the harsh roads) and be done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing im kinda worried about is rubbing the weather guard cause when i got wheels we tryd on others and the 19's rubbed just a lil when i cranked the wheel all the way. But dropping it 1.2' with the springs shouldnt rubb wright?

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
The only thing im kinda worried about is rubbing the weather guard cause when i got wheels we tryd on others and the 19's rubbed just a lil when i cranked the wheel all the way. But dropping it 1.2' with the springs shouldnt rubb wright?
What are you saying here, it's confusing? If you are rubbing anything at stock height, lowering is only going to make it worse. As for H&R quality, it can't be beat as far as comfort and handling are concerned. I would do the rear sway and springs at the same time, since the rear is going to be taken apart anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have Falken Comp. Spec 18's wrapped in Falken 225 40Rs I was wondering if they would rub with the 1.2inch H&R lowering springs

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
I'm not aware of the HD stock tire width, but 225 sounds wide. What I was saying is if you rub now, you're going to rub harder after a 1.2" drop.

My XD came with a 195 stock, a 205 fits without rubbing, but a 215 is wide enough to rub the rear fenders, which happens from time to time with my summer tires, or if I put more than 50 pounds in the back seat.

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
I'm not aware of the HD stock tire width, but 225 sounds wide. What I was saying is if you rub now, you're going to rub harder after a 1.2" drop.

My XD came with a 195 stock, a 205 fits without rubbing, but a 215 is wide enough to rub the rear fenders, which happens from time to time with my summer tires, or if I put more than 50 pounds in the back seat.
Guess you don't have many passengers during the summer then, huh?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NO no it does not rub now at all. but when i was trying on rims.. the 19s rubbed when i cranked the wheel all the way over. i honestly dont think it will rub with an inch drop but i wanted to see if anyone knew for sure

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ha my falkens arnt goin anywhere i was talking about when i originaly went wheel shopping i tryd on some 19s and they touched at full wheel crank. im going to go ahead and get the H&R sport springs they shouldnt rub with a 1.2inch drop this is how it looks now

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
Looks good! Thanks for th side shot! I guess I could try 18's out, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting 17's so if I hit a pothold the rims won't get damaged. I need some tire for cushion between the road and the rim.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im telling ya the tires i have on there are more than you think. i try and avoid pot holes but if i hit one its no big deal i have 225 40 r18 Falken zeix 512s and there plenty thick!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts