Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I got a recall notice in the mail that has to do with my Fuel filler... anyone out there in Canada or the us get a similar recall?

thanks

JC

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Got it earlier this week. I have an '02 GT so I believe the mail said something along the lines of cars made between such and such a date - I don't think it qualifies for a certain "year" of car per say. When I have the letter in hand I'll give you the low down. Basically, the car has a chance to leak some fuel if the car suddenly gets tipped on it's roof....it leaks more fuel than necessry in that position. My guess is that they will be just as busy making appts for this recall as they will be with the brake line relocation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it says on my form that 2k2 and 2k3 models Elantra sonata tib xg models have this problem and the valve on the fuel tank assembly may not close properly if a vehicle rolls over.

Hyundai will install a new valve that works properly

so yeah that's it

JC

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
"This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Hyundai has decided that certain 2002 and 2003 model year Elantra, Sonata, Tiburon and XG 350 vehicls, produced beginning October 1, 2001 through November 9, 2002, may fail to conform to Canadian Motor Vehicle Saftey Standard 301, Fuel System Integrity."

·
Registered
376 Posts
Haha, yes I got this notice, and apparently my parents read it, and feel that my car will explode now if I don't "CALL HYUNDAI RIGHT AWAY!", LOL, Dumb Asses!

·
Registered
732 Posts
It just been pure luck that it's lasted this long, you don't want to drive another mile untill you get it fixed.... What it's more than a mile to the dealer.... Then you just can't drive it ever again..... Gotta love it:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts